Is it possible for indie artists to survive making music?

Im still trying to figure out social media. In a way I could argue that I just became famous on this forum. I generared cheap heat by saying some things that defy what we consider normal. I got a 5 star thread...

That fine line between arrogance and confidence is widened by your posts.

There's also a fine line between a numerator and a denominator, but nobody likes math humor...well maybe a fraction.

The reason Bieber,Taylor swift, etc... get the headlines on youtube is because they pay for it. That is what record labels do. They spend a ton of money placing your name out there where people will notice. But they will only do that for acts that have a chance of recouping the promotion money from...pop music.

You can do that yourself, but you would probably run out of money before you gained any traction and even if it did increase your profile, if you aren't doing the type of stuff that most people like, you still won't make enough money to make it worth it.

My band has 1,400 Facebook fans. Everyone who sees says how great and fun we are. The seem to love our songs. You want to know how many album downloads we've sold on iTunes since our record came out a year and a half ago? ONE.

My band has 1,400 Facebook fans. Everyone who sees says how great and fun we are. The seem to love our songs. You want to know how many album downloads we've sold on iTunes since our record came out a year and a half ago? ONE.

Obviously you need a better business model. Start a five-star thread on Homerecording(dot)com. That'll get you on your way to stardom. ;)

Back