Performance rights organisations - which one?

Surfs Down

A quick question for someone who knows about Performance rights organisations: do you have to register with the PRO in the country you live in (which in my case is not my country of citizenship), or can you sign up with any one? And can you sign up with more than one for different projects/songs? Does it matter which one you sign with?

Thanks in advance.

Read the terms and conditions of the PROs regarding signing with more than one. BMI and ASCAP only handle USA, I think.

Been with BMI for years. No problems, lots of good info. AFA legal questions, you might PM PTravel.

I've also been with BMI for many years - I've been very satisfied. I went with BMI because I focus most of my effort in getting songs placed in movies, TV shows, etc. - areas which I believe BMI is more effective in. They do cover international - I get small payments for various countries which have aired various movies I had a song in (although most of my payments do come from domestic use).

I love cable/satellite TV, etc. - movies get shown over and over in various markets!!!!!

There are having many conditions when we choose the career like music, one should have to follow certain protocols which are must for any performance. Whenever you want to give any performance, it is very important that first you read its terms and condition and then only you can able to judge that what you have to do. Yeah it will matter that you are signing with which one, I think you can sign up with more then one or different projects.

??? What ??? Your post sense much is not, Yoda...
Anyway, BMI, SESAC or ASCAP are choose one. You can't sign with multiples (unless you're a publisher).

+1 to BMI today - got my tax form from them, says they paid me $68 in royalties in 2014! What? :eek: Now I've got to go check my bank account for direct deposit notices! And get around to updating my listing of all my registered song performances.

Back