Parallel Compression

4DBoy

Latest mix trick for you friends. Parallel Compression is the best way to get instruments to the forefront of your mix. Don't be afraid to be bold however when adding EQ and Compression to blend. Have a great day. Cheers 4D

https://youtu.be/SHSGRR3Kn9Y

Good tutorial. At the end I would have brought the bus up louder so it really stood out, then mixed it down to the level you wanted. The results are subtle enough you need to accentuate them initially so the listener catches what has been added, then demonstrate where it should actually be mixed/utilized.

Good tutorial. At the end I would have brought the bus up louder so it really stood out, then mixed it down to the level you wanted. The results are subtle enough you need to accentuate them initially so the listener catches what has been added, then demonstrate where it should actually be mixed/utilized.

Thanks for the feedback Pinky and good point made. I will look to spend a bit more time in summary and make sure I overstate the example before sitting it back in the mix! Cheers dude

Yeah...the A and B examples are too far apart to properly show much differences.
It needs to be a hard cut between A and B, back and forth...and then any differences are easier to catch...IMO.

Yeah...the A and B examples are too far apart to properly show much differences.
It needs to be a hard cut between A and B, back and forth...and then any differences are easier to catch...IMO.

I'm trying to show that mixing is about lots of little things that add end to a great end and not necessarily pushing the extremes. That said I recognise that the subtleties could get lost without the right environment and will push the outer limits then roll it back. Cheers guys

Back