packaging cd's

thug lord

i wanna start packaging my cds i need a cd duplicator and a cd printer. have anyone here use a primera bravo11? if u know wat machine is good to do this pls tell me so i could buy it? how can i get my cd wrap in plastic like the professionals do? i wanna do everything my self at my home studio

I hope you realize that burning CD-Rs is NOT the same as professionally-pressed CD duplication.... but anyways - wrapping/shrinkwrap machines exist - not cheap though....

I've seen stuff done on a Bravo II. It's okay. Don't know about long term usage or operating costs(ink) though.
With printable CDRs, jewel cases, jewel case inserts, shrink bags and ink(don't forget the ink!), you will be paying around 3 bucks a pop. With glossy paper and 4 sided inserts it will get closer to $5. Add on the cost of the gear, which will be hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Don't forget the ink.
I can do one copy, burned, printed(CDR + single sided front and back insert), assembled and bagged, in 5 minutes. I've never attempted a run larger than 50. The Bravo will automate some of it, but you will still have to put the bastards together, which by the way, totally sucks ass. Did I mention ink?
You can score 1000 copy run of screen printed maufactured CDs in jewel cases with full color inserts for about $1200($900 for cardboard sleeves) from Diskmakers, Diskfactory or a few others. Doing a run of 200-300 CDRs by hand will get close to the price of getting 1000 manufactured.

Back