New Website Up . . .

BJW

I've decided to call myself the Brian Wahl Band, since I'm the only one it it, it seems fitting.

I've made a new website at www.brianwahlband.com I don't know if many of you are looking to make websites, but I've used Macromedia DreamWeaver in the past, which is cool, but I've ventured into the world of PHP, and life is great. I use Mambo, which is a content-management-system (CMS). If anybody likes the site, shoot me a pm or email and I can tell you about it - its easy and very powerful.

Check out the music section, too - listen to some of my tunes.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the site. I like it - its a big improvement from my old site (www.feelslikefridaymusic.com).

Thanks for looking/listening in advance!

-Brian

The effect on your header graphic is too much - I assume that says "Oklahoma," but I really should be able to see more than "...ahoma." Not a bad concept, just overdone.

I particularly liked the "Band" page :)

LfO said:
The effect on your header graphic is too much - I assume that says "Oklahoma," but I really should be able to see more than "...ahoma." Not a bad concept, just overdone.

I particularly liked the "Band" page :)

Haha, thanks for the compliment on the band page. It's got to be a bit campy, otherwise its just a guy spending an entire website talking about himself.

I see exactly what you're talking about with the effect. I think on the Brian Wahl Band part its fine, but the smaller text gets washed out on the edges.

Agreed re: the banner

Songs sound good recording wise. Good vox. Rock.

the "back" button looks odd - note that I'm using firefox - as do some of your section borders. They don't quite line up right.

All around good!

azraelswings said:
Agreed re: the banner

Songs sound good recording wise. Good vox. Rock.

the "back" button looks odd - note that I'm using firefox - as do some of your section borders. They don't quite line up right.

All around good!

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it!

I like it...nice colour...but I have to agree that the second line with oklahoma in it is hard to read because of the effect used. Having said that..I like the effect lol

I like the layout and the color scheme. I also agree on the header being tough to read. Also, I think it looks a little too much like a news site or something - like something you'd see for yahoo, or CNN. I'd try to make it a little more fun, and maybe try to get some pictures or graphics up to break the text up. And yes, the band page is sweet. Crap. Forgot to listen to the tunes...

OK, I'm back. Things are sounding good. I personally would have put a more upbeat song as track #1. I like "it covers me," but it takes a while to get going and people might be inclined to skip past it or move on. I like the sound of the acoustic guitar on 'Something better." What kind is it? how'd you record it? I guess that's enough song comments. You were looking for website comments anyway, not songs, I think...besides I'm listening on Computer speakers....

Good work!

OK, I took your advice and changed a few things around.

I changed the banner on top, so its very easy to read the text now. It looks MUCH better in my opinion.

Thanks to all for the comments/suggestions.

andyhix said:
I like the layout and the color scheme. I also agree on the header being tough to read. Also, I think it looks a little too much like a news site or something - like something you'd see for yahoo, or CNN. I'd try to make it a little more fun, and maybe try to get some pictures or graphics up to break the text up. And yes, the band page is sweet. Crap. Forgot to listen to the tunes...

OK, I'm back. Things are sounding good. I personally would have put a more upbeat song as track #1. I like "it covers me," but it takes a while to get going and people might be inclined to skip past it or move on. I like the sound of the acoustic guitar on 'Something better." What kind is it? how'd you record it? I guess that's enough song comments. You were looking for website comments anyway, not songs, I think...besides I'm listening on Computer speakers....

Good work!

Thanks for your comments! I agree - it does sort of look like a news site or something, but that is the nature of almost everything in MAMBO, which is the content management system I'm using. I'll give up a little design freedom for the flexibility and nature of Mambo - its pretty cool.

I really would appreciate comments on the music. I've changed the music page a bit now - you can still access the flash player, but through a link. First of all is more of a discography with links to listen to the songs. I wanted more of a selling type of music/discography page. I'll have links up to be able to buy the new album once its done. Plus now you can download the mp3's rather than just listen to them. Once the CD is out, though, the music will be clips rather than full songs.

Back