My heroic motivational Zelda song and other music

MattMVS7

Banned
First off, this is a topic where I will now keep all of my music in from now on. If I ever come up with a new song, I will instead post it here instead of making a new topic about it.

This is a Zelda song I came up with in my mind which came to me in a dream which consists of a heroic tune and an epic action choir part which is a next best Zelda song. I might lack much knowledge of music theory and am not an actual producer--just someone who places notes down to try and make them sound how they are in my mind, but none of that matters. All that matters is how the song feels because the feel from this song is the feel of the next greatest Zelda song. As long as you are able to hear the song like it is in my mind after hearing it here on soundcloud, then that is all that is needed to know that it is the next best Zelda song. For you to not think so would mean that you either are not hearing the song like it is in my mind and this song is still flawed and does not match what it is I hear in my mind (which really is something great in my mind) and that you are instead hearing a different song that has a different bland and/or mediocre feel to it, that this just simply isn't your style of music and that, as a result, you are blind to the greatness of this music, or that you are simply someone who is not emotionally in touch with music like me and are only focused on the physical non-emotional aspects of music such as playing instruments, studying music theory, writing down notes, etc which would also make you blind to portrayed emotions in music and would make you blind to the greatness of music in terms of its emotion. But to me, music is all about emotions and, because of this, I am not blind to such things. In my case, my music is about feelings of pleasure, empowerment, epicness, motivation, etc.

The thing is that music theory just involves you learning note lengths, scales, etc., and only explains the emotional aspects only to a certain degree (such as that a major scale expresses good feelings in general which is the scale I have written them in). But it does not explain how to portray good feelings in specific (such as feelings of heroism, love, etc). If you are going to say that it somehow does, then how do you explain the fact that one person can have one good feeling towards a piece of music (such as that this music expresses love) while another person has a completely different good feeling towards that piece of music (such as that this music expresses a feeling of heroism)? At that point is where music theory no longer applies and it is just your own emotional interpretations at this point. So for you and everyone else to emotionally interpret my songs as bland and mediocre would mean that you are not emotionally in-touch with this style of music of mine regardless of how much knowledge of music theory you have and such. That, or I have actually gotten the notes wrong which I don't think so. I'm sure I have gotten everything right which would mean that my lack of knowledge in music theory and other things does not apply and the simple fact is that you are not emotionally in-touch with my style of music and are blind to its emotional greatness. Also, it's not that I had a feeling in my mind of heroism and just simply put in a bunch of random notes hoping that they would convey this feeling. It was the other way around. First, the song came to me, then it had a feeling of heroism to me. So I decided to create this music to the best of my ability and share it in order to get this feeling across to others. How can my own emotional interpretations of my music be wrong though? Music theory and science cannot tell you and me that my feelings and interpretations are wrong. And where is it that music theory states that my notes are random and portray a bland and mediocre feel that is not heroic at all? I've written my songs in a major scale and have, I'm quite sure, gotten the notes right. So how am I wrong? I am, in fact, in the learning process of learning music theory. Which is why I am asking where music theory states that my notes are random and don't convey a feeling of heroism. I ask this because I wish to learn where it is in music theory that states this. One might say that it is because I don't know what I'm doing and don't have the necessary knowledge and experience. But what else could there possibly be? I've written my songs in a major scale (portrayed the good feeling I wanted to) and have gotten the notes right I'm quite sure. So what else could there possibly be that I have no idea of what I'm doing? I am just asking this because I wish to actually learn here.

Now I have, I think, gotten the notes almost exactly right for this Zelda song I made which expresses the Twilight Princess version of Link in action and winning in a battle. But first, I will present my sung version before I present my noted (instrumented version). Although it is sung badly, it begins with a tune and leads into the singing part which says words similar to "colly jolly energy":

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/zeldachoir

Now here is the actual instrumented version (which I said I think might actually be almost exactly right). I am first going to explain the structure of this song and how it is supposed to feel in case the song sounds confusing to you. It first begins with a motivational heroic tune which expresses the arrival of Link about to engage in action. This tune then leads into what is supposed to be the "colly jolly energy" part which is supposed to express Link engaging in action and is heroic, motivational, and epic. Also, the tune and the "colly jolly energy" part are not supposed to stand alone by themselves as individual tunes. The first tune is supposed to lead into the colly jolly energy part with a phaser sound at the end of the long held note of this tune which is what would allow that tune to actually lead into the colly jolly energy part. Also, the lyrics "colly jolly energy" are not supposed to be the actual lyrics, so don't let them mislead you. They are supposed to be lyrics in another language that so happen to sound like the words "colly jolly energy."

Now the whole "colly jolly energy" part is supposed to be an epic motivational women choir singing it, but I could only use a flute instrument as I am very limited on a choice of instrumentation. After the colly jolly energy part plays, it then plays again, but this time with the tune from the beginning added along with it so that they both play at the same time. This pairing of both tunes is supposed to express the song at its climax with Link nearing the end of victory. The tune is also played at a higher pitch this time in order to express this climax. Finally, the action is over and Link has won while the tune plays again as a closing feel to end the song:

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/zelda-twilight-princess-heroic-link-in-action

Also, here is the sung version of the colly jolly energy part along with the instrumental version of it with it so you know how it goes and how it's supposed to be sung. There are 23 notes and I will explain the lyrics that go with each note in numerical order: 1. a 2. colly 3. jolly 4. must 5. a 6. veel 7. colly 8. jolly 9. jolly 10. en 11. er 12. gy 13. fine in 14. a 15. place 16. I 17. would 18. colly 19. jolly 20. jolly 21. en 22. er 23. gy

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/zeldachoirsingingwithinstrumental

In conclusion, I have also made yet another great song which is a non-Zelda song and is also something I think I have gotten the notes right in. It is supposed to have a very gentle and caring feel in the beginning such as a person lending a helping hand to his/her lover and then goes into the gospel part which intensifies this beautiful moment. For you to also not think this is a great song, then my reasons stated above in the very beginning of this post still apply here. But now, I will, once again, first present to you the sung version which is also sung badly. The whole beginning part is supposed to be sung by a woman singing in a very gentle and caring voice (note: the "phssssh" sound in the beginning is supposed to be the sound of a percussion instrument). Then it goes into the next part (the part that begins with the lyrics "Everything you want me to"). This part along with the remaining lyrics of that part is supposed to have a women gospel choir signing it. After which, it then leads back into the part with the gentle and caring woman singing. At the very end, you hear a part (which is supposed to be the 3-note part in my instrumented version). This part is supposed to be a bit slower and quiet and very gentle with the woman singing it very caring and gentle:

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/gentlegospel3

Here is another sung version of it (which has "dos" in it just to try and sing it the best I could, although the actual song for how it is supposed to be does not have "dos" in it and is an actual song):

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/caringgentlegospelsong

Finally, here is the sung version with the instrumental (note: the first part in the song has a held note that is supposed to rise and lower in pitch in order to lead into the next part of the song):

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/gentlecaringgospelsonginstrumentalwithsinging

And here is the instrumental of this song:

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/gentlecaringgospelsonginstrumental

Also, here is the same instrumental of the song, but with a bit of a variation of the notes in the beginning because I can't tell which of these two instrumentals of this song is the more accurate one for how I hear the real song in my mind:

https://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/gospelotherinstrumental

Last edited:
Back