My CD has finally arrived!

Best of luck Armi :thumbs up:

I like the cover very much, & we all know how good the content is,
unfortunately I only get benefits so we have to be very carefull with what little money we get!
but I hope it does well for you :listeningmusic:

I think it's about $5AUD.... it'll be cheaper direct because I'm not actually trying to make money off you guys and am happy to cover costs, whereas the kunaki price will be whatever it is plus postage. $10 would cover both direct from me...

Sold! PM sent! (in a moment)

Sold! PM sent! (in a moment)

The one I just sent to Chili cost $6.45 postage, the bag cost $1.10 and the CD cost $3 and I assume paypal clip the ticket there as well, so it's about $11 AUD all up which is pretty damn close to $10US these days... so my "pull figure out of the air" calculation turned out to be pretty accurate! :laughings:

Now, don't forget VHS, that postage to Texas is probably a whole lot cheaper than postage to "Undisclosed". :D

I don't know how the conversion worked out, but my intention was to throw in a few extra dingo-roonies. Just in case.

Have you thought about bandcamp for distribution? I'd give you a few $$ for a digital download, but don't really want/need an $11 CD... :)

Congrats Dave!! Looking forward to my copy.

Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? :laughings:

Probably hasn't even left the country yet. You'll be pleased to know that I rented an especially quick and reliable turtle as transport across the waves Chili, although I'm not overly clear on what happens when it gets to the coast... :thumbs up:

Ray was quite complimentary after his first listen :)

God knows no-one I've flogged them to at work has probably even taken it home yet, let alone listened. Probably easier for all of us that way!

Have you thought about bandcamp for distribution? I'd give you a few $$ for a digital download, but don't really want/need an $11 CD... :)

Hey Pinky... it'll be on CDBaby, iTunes and Amazon tomorrow... we'd prefer people go via CDBaby as they haven't sold their souls to the devil and pass significantly more back to the artist, but as the page isn't live yet, I can't link it..

Here's the US Amazon page, however... just not active yet:

Amazon.com: Absence: The Jongleurs: MP3 Downloads

Really? I have a Zappa Plays Zappa DVD that I haven't watched for a while.. I'll have to give it a spin!:thumbs up:

Yeah, really.

I spoke with him earlier today. I am paying him for one of the many pairs of mics he loaned me. Henry is one of the most honest guys I have ever met. And I still haven't met him in person yet...

i've played the CD a couple or three times and can honestly say it's terrific.
Some of the songs are almost old friends after listening on HR & the odd MP3 dropped into the player on the way.
The album certainly makes the ppoint taht people who post in the MP3 clinic kearn a fair bit on the way through. It also demonstrates that Armi's rant about the co=operation/creative partnershipp paying dividends is correct. Some quite unusual ideas about harmonies and/or arrangements have shone light on unifrmly top shelf tunes.

Hey Pinky... it'll be on CDBaby, iTunes and Amazon tomorrow... we'd prefer people go via CDBaby as they haven't sold their souls to the devil and pass significantly more back to the artist, but as the page isn't live yet, I can't link it..

Here's the US Amazon page, however... just not active yet:

Amazon.com: Absence: The Jongleurs: MP3 Downloads

You seriously need to look at bandcamp. You get like 90% of the sale. It would be stupid of me to pay $9 for a MP3 download when I can get the CD shipped for $11. I often buy CDs on Amazon for that very reason - I get the physical CD for FLAC, and usually with newer major label releases I get the MP3s as a free download anyway! Heck, the last Queens of the Stone Age was CHEAPER to buy the CD than it was to just download the MP3s, and it included the MP3 download for free! lol

Of the $9 Amazon is charging, you get maybe $3.50? Why not just sell it on a site like bandcamp for $4 - you earn the same money and I pay significantly less.

So I'm saying, I won't buy the $9 MP3 album, nor do I want the $11 CD. I don't see it on CDBaby yet, is that going to be cheaper?

If the music is not worth the price they are asking for, don't bother. That means you're not worth it to them as a customer/fan. Why should they change pricing or avenues if you aren't willing to be a paying customer?

If the music is not worth the price they are asking for, don't bother. That means you're not worth it to them as a customer/fan. Why should they change pricing or avenues if you aren't willing to be a paying customer?

Good point there. Then again, if the product is able to be purchased from a site that doesn't mark up the price and the artist receives more from it, then I would buy from there.

Just knowing Armi, I paid more than I needed to because I like the dood. That is kind of the point isn't it?

I think Pinky's advice would put more cash in Arm's pocket. Find a means to distribute without losing all your income to the sites. CDBaby is good about that, but there is the one-time fee per CD. But, you get a lot of service for that one-time fee.

Where's the CDBaby link? :)

Goes live today (Sat 1 Mar) so I assume it's going to appear at some stage. I just searched and we're not there yet. I'll post it when I find it. I have it at home but I'm at my girlfriend's place so haven't got my email access here..

You seriously need to look at bandcamp. You get like 90% of the sale. It would be stupid of me to pay $9 for a MP3 download when I can get the CD shipped for $11. I often buy CDs on Amazon for that very reason - I get the physical CD for FLAC, and usually with newer major label releases I get the MP3s as a free download anyway! Heck, the last Queens of the Stone Age was CHEAPER to buy the CD than it was to just download the MP3s, and it included the MP3 download for free! lol

Of the $9 Amazon is charging, you get maybe $3.50? Why not just sell it on a site like bandcamp for $4 - you earn the same money and I pay significantly less.

So I'm saying, I won't buy the $9 MP3 album, nor do I want the $11 CD. I don't see it on CDBaby yet, is that going to be cheaper?

I have looked at Bandcamp - just haven't done anything about it yet. Bandcamp don't appear to do digital distribution, apart from on their site itself, CD Baby do, and I ticked the iTunes and Amazon etc. boxes because no-one I know of (and I did check - most people I know aren't musicians hanging around homerecording.com and or particularly in the music scene) has ever heard of CD Baby OR Bandcamp, but everyone's heard of iTunes and Amazon, and, here's the thing, if you Google "The Jongleurs Absence" you know what's going to turn up? Not CD Baby or Bandcamp, let me tell you.... it'll be the page on Amazon because they pay Google for this to happen, and that's what people will click on.

And do you know how many times I heard "Is it on iTunes?" while I was building up the hype over here?

I'm not actually planning world domination and riches here, we, the band, will direct people in the first instance to CDBaby, where we can (and we'll explain why), because they pass on 91% of the sale, but we will be getting the CD reviewed in some magazine in the UK because of various contacts the other guy has, and so anyone who wants it from there will do whatever they will do... and I'll take whatever I can get from either Amazon or iTunes.

I'll look at bandcamp as well at some stage, but I don't want to have a zillion different price points around the place.:)

Back