music submission sites

brokeup

i was wondering if there was a thread of definitave website music submission links, or if you could fill me in on some more. i searched around but didnt find much.

sites like:mp3.com, iuma, nowhereradio...

and anything that specifically deals with 'experimental/ would be great.\thanks

brokeup said:
i was wondering if there was a thread of definitave website music submission links, or if you could fill me in on some more. i searched around but didnt find much.

sites like:mp3.com, iuma, nowhereradio...

and anything that specifically deals with 'experimental/ would be great.\thanks

Have you tried www.cdbaby.com yet?

- Tanlith -

I help run one, but it's not along the same lines as mp3.com plus it's still small (<100 members as of yet)

It's http://savagenet.net

After submissions are made, members will listen to and review the submission. At least in theory. Sometimes they get lazy and don't do squat except post on the message board ;)

In best circumstances though:

You upload an mp3 and we resample it, if needed, into a lofi sample rate. Alot of people are still on dialup and a 10mb mp3 is too much for 'em to take time with. So we resample it to get it under 1mb. It takes away some of the sonic clarity, I know, but people just need a good idea of the music itself.

The mp3 is embedded into a flash player to prevent unauthorized downloading for the protection of the submittor. As with any site though, if your material is not copyrighted, then we cannot claim responsibilty for it.

Work is currently underway to make all of the submission pages a protected area. Gotta love phpnuke :D

You could send it to me for air on my show on World Talk Radio...I've already played a bunch of music from members of this BBS...

brokeup,
Dave Baker is on the level, go for it!

Dave,
Glad to see you didn't give up on this board completely... as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome here.

bd

Look at links on other sites

Visit other artists sites and go to their links pages. Most will have some submission places to visit. After visiting a few sites (and spending quite a lot of time!) you'll get quite a collection to add to your favourites.

Back