MBS - Music Business Seminars the one by Peter Knickles

junplugged

Taking the slow road
Hey, did anyone else ever go to this? (MBS - Music Business Seminar by Peter Knickles)

I used to get his promo info after I went to it. I haven't seen any in a while and searched the net and didn't find anything either.

I did find it very good. Motivating to self-promote and manage your career better than someone else who may not have your best interests in mind.

He used to have full page ads in the old Musician magazine. I can't believe that mag is gone! It was really great, especially towards the end! -J.

Peter checks in with me from time to time. I have not heard from him in about a year, but last I heard, he was planning on bringing his seminars back. Would love to see it happen because I think he had a great thing going.

yes I went to this seminar in the '80's. Still have all the materials; tapes, work sheets, etc. Thought it was really great. I have been so wrapped up in my cover band for the last 25 years that I have not taken the information to task. This is the year that I'm jumping in. I know much of the details are outdated; but his business plan is still very valid. JS

Hello

Great information. I also want to know about Music Business, it is very essential for us. This seminar is good for musicians and entertainer. I am also interested in it. Thanks...:rolleyes:

wow, i just saw the recent responses. I went to his seminar twice and it really helped me realize some stuff about the biz. Mainly, if you don't promote, you aint goin nowhere, and take care of the biz side as much as the creative side, and a lot of tips and pointers.

Well no one can judge anything without looking it practically.So I will try if there will be any seminar then i can judge their status

Yes, I completed the home study version back in the day, including the Marketing binder as well as the recommended Life Success for Musicians course by John Vestman. Mr. Knickle's DM&NE (Doing Music & Nothing Else) ended my stupid years as a musician (having previously toured with a major label band and then several more years as a road warrior band) and enabled me to make educated and informed decisions that have made a huge difference in my art and music careers; the same realistic business principles apply to most any creative professional endeavor. I've searched online for Peter Knickles on several occasions but wasn't able to find anything current ... I was wondering if he is even still alive after all these years. With the flood of "virtual 'knowledge'" out there, having the real-world working perspective of Mr. Knickles' knowledge makes it easier to decide upon legit, adaptable alternatives to modern snake oil algorithm salesmen. I published a local music magazine for a year; print may become a lost art.

interesing, I'll take a look at that. The internet has pretty much changed everything, but it would be kinda nice to see if someone has put together an overview of all of the social media and indie promotion resources available to do a consistent and broad approach to cover everything, if anyone could do it, I think Knickles might.

edit: I just did a search for him and guess what comes up in google? This thread! LOL so I'm thinking he's not in the biz any more, and not for a very long time, like, maybe since before google, what's that 1999?...

Back