Marketing my music - What's better, to release a single music or the whole album?!

scdaymon

Hi there guys!

Some of you may already know me from other posts, but here it goes: I have this project called Insomnia Asylum (a one man's band).
I'm doing an album of 12 or 13 songs, but it takes a while to put it all together.
I'm planning to release the songs in my Facebook page (you may search it - Insomnia Asylum, even thou is empty by now!!!) , and after that in youtube and other places.

My question is very simple: for better results in publicity and gaining followers, and maybe get the attention of record labels (Ih, Ih, Ih!!! I now, I now what an naif :D) do you think is better to release a song isolated once in a while, or in the other way just release the whole content (the 12 or 13 songs – so, an album per say) when ready?

Thanks

There's is no 'right' way. But consider - if you are going to release an album, you want all the songs to be mastered together to present a unified sound. Releasing 1 at a time precludes doing this. I have put demos (non-mastered) out of new songs, compiling them until I had an album's worth - 4 or 5 that I did along the way got cut from the album, too.

I would just suggest learning from the pros. Drop a single or two shortly before the album then another. Afterwards to keep things lively

This is such a difficult subject. I would say try to drop a couple singles. You need to build some type of hype before you drop a whole album.

Well, I guess you all lean towards releasing a single at a time (maybe 2 or 3 songs).
But it makes sence: it prepares the path for the band and the all package of songs (the album), and I really need to focus on the mastering stuff too (and I'm such an numb in that matter).
Thanks for the anwers my friends. I'll keep coming to share the results.
Next step: focus on the web sites, blogs whatever to promote the things.

Keep ruling :thumbs up:

Back