Looking for collaborators

lbsterner

I don't know if there's a proper place for this kind of post but I thought I'd start here.

I'm currently collaborating with a guitar player that I've known and worked with for many years, but he's very busy right now and he has a hard time getting around to my tracks.

My projects are strictly for enjoyment; At 55 I'm working a regular job and I don't expect to make a dime in music anymore, but I still need to create. It's kind of like crafting for me at this point, except the craft is sound. I'm using software instruments for the most part, though I just wrote a song using recorded loops, but that's not how I normally write.

I'm an excellent vocalist with skill in harmony as well and could add something to other people's projects in that vein.

I'm hoping to connect with instrumentalists who can work with my tracks, maybe replacing some of the programmed drums with well-recorded, tight, live drumming. Guitarists, bassists, keyboardists-- the possibilities are endless. The only requirement I have is that I want to have some fun.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any interest in collaborating. You can hear some of my tracks using links in my signature. Here's the most recent one:

So Precious

Thanks! I like the tracks, but I am not sure that I'm the person you want. I think a male voice would suit your material much better. I can do heavy, but not sure that would work so well with my voice here.

Thank you!

I did a few songs with the band I was in back in the 90's that were pretty heavy. The only one that "fits" that has free access right now is this one. You have to fast forward through the very lengthy guitar intro to about 2:30 before the vocals start.

Sounded like sort of jazz/Deep Purple hybrid. Yeah, your voice is very nice.
I couldn't tell you that I have something at the moment but I'd be glad to come back to you eventually.

Thanks. I'll send you a PM so we can keep in touch. What instrument(s) do you play? I listened to your Mr. Big mix but not sure which parts are yours.

Thanks. I'll send you a PM so we can keep in touch. What instrument(s) do you play? I listened to your Mr. Big mix but not sure which parts are yours.

I do the guitars. A friend does my bass stuff and the drums are from Superior Drummer 2.0.

I think I'll flip through some of my older tunes and see if I can find something I could record for us.

Thanks! I like the tracks, but I am not sure that I'm the person you want. I think a male voice would suit your material much better. I can do heavy, but not sure that would work so well with my voice here.

You sound a bit like Alanis Morisette, and she was pretty successful making edgier pop as a female. I just wouldn't pigeonhole yourself into the female-only genres.

BTW, your link to So Precious was broken...

I'm actually looking for a female vocalist for a track I wrote with just that in mind.
Here's a link to the song with a male vocal - Tim was willing to add a vocal so I had a demo of it "complete".
https://soundcloud.com/rayc/heart-shaped-bruise-151113
It's on soundcloud.
I like your track - the backing breezes along. Good vocals - nice to see someoen demonstrate their wares rather than simply tout.

Back