Live on stage

thugpassion

How do I approach promoters? I'm ready to be a performer. I've done everything independently so far, now I need some advice. What do y'all suggest?

I don't mean to sound like yer dad or anything, but you said "I'm ready to be a performer..."....so PERFORM...how would a promotor help you perform?...ya just do it, anywhere and everywhere that anyone will listen...a writer writes, a singer sings, a performer performs...now if what you mean is you need someone to market you, then that's a different thing altogether, but you would of course have to have an act or a song or something to market as well...and good luck to you, but there are priorities in the biz you wanna be a part of, and learning yer chops is the very first one, then letting people hear ya if you're into performing...or if you're into writing music, let people hear yer recordings and offer them a product..... it's a long haul unless you're a boy band in the nineties....gibs

LOVE that comment Eddie!!!

The way it works where I live and I guess it's pretty much the same everywhere is that one band will get a gig and so if you are just starting it out it's best to go to their shows talk to them afterwards and tell them how great they are. Then you mention you've got this little band or whatever, you give them a demo and tell them you are looking to 'perform'. If they like you then they'll probably give you a shot, if not try another band.
The alternative is to get youself a local booking agent, but really this isn't the best way to go when you start out because you won't have a following and no one will turn up to your shows and you'll more than likely lose money to the booking agent... booking agents don't come free!!!

Good luck

Back