I'm looking for a recording software

studio1784

My set up:
Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop Computer, Intel Dual Core i5 up to 3.3GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD, HDMI, USB 3.0.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface/VoiceTone Harmony-G-XT/Sonar Professional, Sound Forge 10/Monitors- M-Audio 8” 3 way/AKG Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic/ Gator Dual Pop Filter/ Auralex Vocal Mic Isolation Shield/Shure Closed Monitor Headphones/M-Audio 49-Key MIDI Controller.

I have Sonar professional, but Gibson will no longer carry the Sonar products any more. I need a good recording software for my PC, I don't want cubase or Pro-tools, can anyone recommend a music program user friendly.

Last edited:
I don't know about "user friendly", because (a) all programs involve an unavoidable learning curve, and (b) quite often, user-friendliness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

However, I'm using Reaper, which I find very comfortable to use, after once using Logic, which I found uncomfortable to use.

Besides Sound Forge 11 I like NCH software Wavepad and MixPad. Both are pretty intuitive since you are familiar with sound forge. Wavepad is very much like sound forge with a great noise eliminator by sweeping a noise in a recording it will go through the file and eliminate that noise specifically without affecting the rest of the sound. Mix pad is a multi-track mixing and recording program with an unlimited number of tracks of music, audio and vocal. Many of NCH's programs are free to use for personal use and if you intend to publish they are very reasonable. I have used them for years. I also use a Roland Sound Canvas SC88-pro for orchestral voicing, which I have used for years for professional backing tracks for concerts and recording.

I'm a huge fan of Propellerhead Reason. Bit of a learning curve (every DAW will), but Reason never crashes, never has any issues. I've tried several now, Reason is where I landed. I used Pro Tools in the past and I felt like you had to be an IT professional some days. Honestly tho, just pick one. The big thing is learning YOUR particular daw, and learn it inside and out.

Back