Ideas for studio/services name! help me out!

austinm08

the pigeon knows the way.
I don't have a physical "studio" other than my home currently, but I want a name to better market myself and my services.

I have been brainstorming tonight and I want it to kind of follow along the lines of the following words:
lucid (clear, transparent)
chaos (messy!)
placid (peaceful, tranquil)
avid (active, passionate)
fringe (on the edge, outside, away from the norm)

I like the idea of "lucid chaos", in reference to a sort of organization of a mess of creative thoughts.. if that makes sense.

Those two and "fringe" were the first words I thought of tonight, with "placid" and "avid" coming later.

Some ideas I've had:
Lucid Sky Studio
Lucid Chaos Studio
Lucid Sound Studio
Lucid Wave Studio

Out of the above, I feel that Lucid Sound Studio rolls off the tongue the easiest, then Sky being the next easiest. Lucid Wave feels a bit too generic to me for some reason.
Though I like the ideas, I feel that they almost have too much baggage. Simple is definitely good, but then you run into problems like other people already having claimed the name. I.E. any more syllables than in Lucid Chaos Studio is probably way too many...

If anyone would like to offer their creative input,I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

:cool:

It's surprizing how many household names are actually quite odd when you look at the spelling or keep saying the word.....Beatles....Buick....Presonus....ipod....Lynyrd Skynyrd....Google....e~mail....Yakima....Scunthorpe....

Thanks for the input, grim :cool:

Your examples are proof that it's about the service/product, and THAT'S what makes the name.

But the name can really sound goofy until it gains reputation.. :D

How about reversing the order, Studio Lucid?

Sort of sounds like a club, but that may be a good thing depending on your genre.

Other than that you could try a foreign language, kind of cheesy but at least you're less likely to have someone else claim they had the name first.

How about reversing the order, Studio Lucid?

Sort of sounds like a club, but that may be a good thing depending on your genre.

Other than that you could try a foreign language, kind of cheesy but at least you're less likely to have someone else claim they had the name first.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea! It rolls off the tongue more easily since 'studio' ends with a vowel.

Well the "club"/hip-hop/rap stuff is definitely not my genre, but it could still work.
Thanks for your input. :P

Back