I Would Appreciate Feedback on my New Audiobook

Not sure how these are normally formatted (I've never owned/listened to an audiobook), but it would seem the 1GB FLAC might not be the ideal format unless someone planned to listen to it from beginning to end in one sitting. Splitting into chapters would make more sense, simply include a playlist so they can launch the book and allows them to skip around or jump to where they left off.

The long audio (music only) lead-in seems, well, too long.

You don't have a great narrator voice, but it's fine and pleasant enough. If anything many people might find the author reading it as a selling point(?). Your vocal recording is solid, your voice is present and EQ'd fine. The background music (behind the spoken word) is suitable.

Good luck with the release. This is certainly a subject most of humankind could use some work. :) I, for one, think we're f&^%ed (fatally flawed).

Not sure how these are normally formatted (I've never owned/listened to an audiobook), but it would seem the 1GB FLAC might not be the ideal format unless someone planned to listen to it from beginning to end in one sitting. Splitting into chapters would make more sense, simply include a playlist so they can launch the book and allows them to skip around or jump to where they left off.

The long audio (music only) lead-in seems, well, too long.

You don't have a great narrator voice, but it's fine and pleasant enough. If anything many people might find the author reading it as a selling point(?). Your vocal recording is solid, your voice is present and EQ'd fine. The background music (behind the spoken word) is suitable.

Good luck with the release. This is certainly a subject most of humankind could use some work. :) I, for one, think we're f&^%ed (fatally flawed).

Thank you for your honest feedback. In fact, many people wanted me to narrate the book so I did. I don't have the most beautiful voice, but sometimes the author narrating it is a selling point. Yes, when I release the audiobook it will be cut or split into multiple tracks for each chapter as a FLAC, and one track as an MP3 file.

The idea of downloading 1gb file to provide feedback was a bit daunting to me (particularly with my download speeds here).

For assessing vocal quality you only need and general recording attributes you only need a little bit, maybe 30 seconds.

Back