I Blew it,

GazEcc

mBallstát atá tiomanta
Faire eve friends,

Last night I had the audition that would make or break my live performance career, I was playing for an agency that deals with most of the Music in Temple Bar, Irelands best gigging circuit, (bit of a heads up, definitely go here if you ever visit the island) And I was third up, and the first act was great, second act was great then it was my turn,

So I finished my pint, tuned up the auld six string when I was called on by the guy before me, I got up and plugged into the desk which wasn't exactly in the mood to work with a passive pickup Acoustic. first of all the previous settings gave me WAY too much top end and it sounded like a screaming cat in a tin can. then when I got to the mic, an SM58 the mic I always use at my gigs, the gain was too low and I couldn't be heard behind a wet newspaper.

Never have I been so unhappy with a performance and after just two tracks it was up to the next artist to pick up where I left off.

I was told he'd be deciding who gets in and who gets kicked today and tomorrow and calls after that but I don't think I have it.

Pass the whiskey lads, Its gonna be a long week. :\

Look at the bright side, you can now ditch the naive dream of making a living off of music and get a regular job that pays well, offers security, and allows you to continue music as a hobby.

I used to do music professionally until I moved to Dublin 6 months ago, its a lot harder to get established here.

Back