HR NEEDS A Recording Industry Attorney As A Forum Member

stevieb

Just another guy, really.
Does anybody know one who might join?

Questions keep coming up that, really, none of us are qualified to answer, and when we do try, we usually fall short.

If an entertainment-industry attorney joined the forum, of course he or she could answer those questions far better than most of us,and it might lead to some business for him or her.

Does anybody know one who might join?

Questions keep coming up that, really, none of us are qualified to answer, and when we do try, we usually fall short.

If an entertainment-industry attorney joined the forum, of course he or she could answer those questions far better than most of us,and it might lead to some business for him or her.

Good luck getting a lawyer to help out for free.

It would be similar to those informational spots that lawyers sometimes do, whereby they answer some basic questions but don't get too deep into the subject. They figure it will lead to enough paying business to justify the time invested with no direct return. Moresound, if you are, indeed, an attorney, you have no doubt heard of those shows or spots.

But if nobody here is willing to step forward and/or believes it would be worthwhile, hey, no skin off my nose, it's not me posting any of those questions.

chris tondreau is a pretty well versed person in a lot of the legality of the music industry. I don't think he posts to much hear anymore (saw one most by him in the microphone section a while ago). But he's a Mod over at the Ultimate-Guitar forums and has put a lot of info into some stickies as far as copyrights, royalties, and stuff like that.

He's been in the game for a while and knows quite a bit.

Here's his copyright bit: Here.

And one of the best books you could ever buy to get some info on the industry is "All You Need to Know About the Music Business" by Donald S. Passman. It covers everything and is a great starting point of information.

Back