How do Youtube views benifit you?

MarvLSme

May be a dumb question, but I was wondering how getting views on youtube benifits the creator of the video? I have seen peeps on here say "I wont view your youtube vid but will listen to an MP3" Are these people just anti youtube? Did youtube kill your dog?

I have a couple vids on youtube that were created mainly for friends and family and could care less if anyone else sees them.

So tell me why some people will NOT view your youtube vids?

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I don't watch anyone's youtube vids. Don't take it personally.

This place gets flooded with one-post hit-seekers looking to pad their stats. I'm not indulging their insecurities or stroking their egos. Check out that "gethyped" guy in the newbie forum for an example.

Okay I get it. If you were to view every youtube vid that some douche posted, you would waste half your life.
Makes total sense.

Okay I get it. If you were to view every youtube vid that some douche posted, you would waste half your life.
Makes total sense.

Right. And I'm not saying you're one of those douches. Not at all. But as a rule, I personally don't watch youtube links. They don't sound good, and for the reasons I mentioned above. That's just me.

I did listen to your clip though, and that's some damn fine playing. I'm not crazy about your sounds, but your playing was great. :)

the reason most of us dont watch you tube videos is because people ask you to critique their mix on a website that compresses your songs to 96kbps..how can anyone say your high hats need some EQing when Utube crushed them to bits??

if you want people to actually listen to your mix on their, sometimes, expensive kit and set up rooms then at least have the common courtesy to host the song appropriately..thats the way I think of it

of course if your just a fame whore post in here...someone may watch it...me I prefer trying to help and get help with mixes than watch crappy videos...even the ones I make myself :)

the reason most of us dont watch you tube videos is because people ask you to critique their mix on a website that compresses your songs to 96kbps..how can anyone say your high hats need some EQing when Utube crushed them to bits??

if you want people to actually listen to your mix on their, sometimes, expensive kit and set up rooms then at least have the common courtesy to host the song appropriately..thats the way I think of it

of course if your just a fame whore post in here...someone may watch it...me I prefer trying to help and get help with mixes than watch crappy videos...even the ones I make myself :)

Yes. This^^^^^^^^

I think that if someone is serious about a critique, they'll post up something worth critiquing. Some people don't know any better, and that's okay. I try to encourage people to post high quality MP3's if they can. Or even a wav if they want to. There's a million free hosting sites out there. Youtube and myspace players don't cut it.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I don't watch anyone's youtube vids. Don't take it personally.

This place gets flooded with one-post hit-seekers looking to pad their stats. I'm not indulging their insecurities or stroking their egos. Check out that "gethyped" guy in the newbie forum for an example.

That thread was... i dont even know. That guy was mentioning stuff that was irrelevant. "90,000 views in 5 days" "#__ on reverbnation" doesnt really matter. Its reverb nation, not Billboard or some other once reputable thing that holds water in "the real world". Justin Beiber has millions of views, it doesnt mean Im supposed to like him for that. A few years ago some friends and I jamming got over 50,000 views on youtube in a day or two. And it doesnt matter. It's not like the world suddenly ejaculated for me. Just typing that makes me feel like a douche. I have no clue why anyone would try to rub their shit in peoples faces. It means nothing. Just like being prom king doenst mean anything. But if that's what someone is aiming for and they get it, then great. But that doesnt mean it will mean something to anyone else.
The only thing that really benefits someone is playing/writing. Everything else comes around that. But at the beginning and the end of the day its about how you feel about what you write...

and about getting on that Swag City Records mii boiii.

It's cool! I hope to get some higher quality stuff up in the near future. Until then, I am enjoying learning so much from this site. I could read for days. Thanks for all the input.

Back