How do YOU Improve???

Tony Chetta

What's up beautiful people!

I'm in the process of starting an online business of a platform dedicated to helping producers like us grow in our craft. I've got lots of ideas on it so far, but the marketing director I spoke to this morning told me I needed a clearer view of my demographic and their "pain point," or what they really need when it comes to improving their music.

SO, I've come up with these 10 questions (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3SHT3DZ) to get that clearer view back to him quickly so he can see I'm serious about making this happen.

It'd mean THE WORLD to me if you participated in helping me build this by answering the questions!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

a good example might be scotts bass lessons website except geared towards producers.
good luck dude

Q1 your age ranges aren't inclusive. I'm older than 55.
Q2 These are all US places. Whichever I live nearest to is pretty much irrelevant.
Q5 What about if you write a couple of songs a year? Another set of not inclusive options.
Q6 Same as Q5

Q1 your age ranges aren't inclusive. I'm older than 55.
Q2 These are all US places. Whichever I live nearest to is pretty much irrelevant.
Q5 What about if you write a couple of songs a year? Another set of not inclusive options.
Q6 Same as Q5

if you're over 55 and/or you don't write/produce at least once per month...you are irrelevant. ;)
Which probably eliminates about 50-60% of the people on this forum for one or the other. :p

God how I hate surveys.
When I am stuck taking one...and it's one of those rate 1-10...I either put all 10s even if I kinda liked everything or all 1s if kinda didn't.
That way I know I've contributed more useless information to an already useless survey. :D

Like when they call you on the phone...and ask a question, but will only accept a specific kind of answer, one from a list they've created.

It's all BS...you can massage the gathered data 5 different ways. :facepalm:

God how I hate surveys.
When I am stuck taking one...and it's one of those rate 1-10...I either put all 10s even if I kinda liked everything or all 1s if kinda didn't.
That way I know I've contributed more useless information to an already useless survey. :D

Actually, that data may be somewhat useful as you enter it.
I have a friend who used to work at Olive Garden. That survey they have you take at the end of the meal is pass/fail: If you enter all 5s, your server passes. Anything else, they fail.

So go ahead and enter all 9s! Damn ruin someone's metrics with faint praise!

And they always tell you..."please enter at least 9s (or whatever) otherwise it's a problem"...
...so they're skewing their own metrics. :D

Surveys are like the age old "do you still beat your wife? Yes or No" question.

The answer they want is predetermined.

Yeah, they did that to me after taking my wife's Subaru in for an oil change (free) and service - 'if you don't put 10 on everything we failed'. So I didn't answer the email survey! Give me some incentive to do it or what's my motivation?

Back