How can you sell beats without selling yourself short?

Ayiro "Arrow"

:) What up ya'll!!! Check it out, I've been producing for almost 9 years now. Every person I let listen to my beats, from A&Rs, "rappers", "Singers", enigneers, people that were successful in the past, even people who don't like hip hop/rap/R&B LOVE my tracks! I'm more on focusing on how to get them out there, being paid to get them out there and not being f***** over! I have just about 90% of my tracks copywritten THE RIGHT WAY (that poorman copyright s*** doesn't hold up in court...you gotta get it through the library of congress), I have letters of intent written up and I have my publishing company ready. I have business cards done and I have my beat cds ready, but I'm waiting to get them done right (from what I'm told, blank cds with your info on them is GHETTO and unprofessional... so I plan on getting my picture done in a studio at my engineering school [LARW] and stomping that onto a beat CD with my contact info). I've also got my tracks ready to burn where they play a max of a minute and a half, that way if someone likes my tracks, they have to negotiate with me and tell me what they want, instead of going somewhere and tracking it into a system where they can record and i get fucked over. Is that cool? How is it that I can get these "artists" to take me seriously and buy my shit? How can I get connections that would get my tracks to some mainstream artists? I'm sure that if they get into the right hands, money would come in faster than Dr.Dre's bank account! I'm from L.A., where everybody and they momma is a rapper and now producer. I hear this bullshit on the radio (i.e. Juelz Santana's new crap, The Whistle Song (There It Go) ) and I wonder, how did these producers get paid for that? How can I get my tracks heard to these industry artists/ record executives? Any advice would help....

Peace times Infinity....

well i guess you could always start calling up some companies and ask if they need any beats or any producers needed. My frend sold his beats this way. Just start calling up some record labels and ask.

Back