graphics software anyone?

Rusty K

Hello,

Besides being a musician and home recording person, I also do most of my bands promo work. Unfortunately I'm not getting the results that I'd like all the time.

I need some graphics software that can create professional quality printing results. I've been using PrintShop Deluxe v 11 and it does a lot but just not up to my standards. I'd upgrade to the newest version but I'm not confident that it would make much difference in the quality of my output.

I do have PhotoShop Elements that I'm really happy with.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good graphics software?

Thanks,
Rusty K

I'm a Photoshop head. The program might be a little costly, but the things you can do with it are worth the money.

Thanks guys,

No I haven't heard of Gimp. I'll check it out...and Illustrator (that one I have heard of).

lbanks...I couldn't get your link to work.

Thanks again,

Rusty K

another vote for photoshop... but ive been using it for years...

i'm sure you could get an older version for real cheap... ebay? ... 5.0 isnt so bad... i use 6.1 now... theres not a lot of difference

Markaholic said:
ive been using CorelDraw 12....but then again...ive been a corel head since v.8!
I still use CorelDraw 7. Its much easier for me to understand than Illustrator. But Photoshop CS pretty much wipes the floor with its competition.

My perfectionism is at odds with my pocket book. I'd go with Illustrator if I could afford it....maybe I can find an older version. I'm Adobe all the way and I've been happy with Audition and PhotoShop Elements (would love to upgrade to the full version).

Thanks for the Gimp.com site. I searched at PC World and nothing came up. I'll also check out Corel.

Thanks again,
Rusty K

Illustrator and photoshop. The combination of the two is wonderful but if it was one or the other, I would choose illustrator

The Gimp is a pretty good program. Downloaded it the other night and it seems like a real good program. Being that it's free is just a bonus. :D

Back