glossy photos

Rusty K

Hey there! Anybody home.

Could anyone hook me up with a good/cheap printing company for black and white glossy promotional photos?

Thanks,
Rusty K

You might try imagers.com. They offer a wide variety of printing services and can do short runs. I'm assuming you are looking for a printer rather than a photography shop that is actually doing darkroom prints.

http://www.imagers.com/

dwillis45,

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything about black and white 8x10 duplication. I was able to contact them via email so I'll wait to hear what they say.

They did have some great prices on color duplication which could come in handy for some brochures for mailing.

Thanks again,
Rusty K

Rusty K said:
dwillis45,

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything about black and white 8x10 duplication. I was able to contact them via email so I'll wait to hear what they say.

I think Imagers works primarily from digital content. I would have the 8x10 prints or negatives scanned and send them the disk. They will be able to produce a nice print on glossy cover stock. Cover stock will hold up better than traditional photo paper.

If you are looking for dupliucates on photo paper, I would go to a local camera shop. They will normally be able to print 8x10 glossies the traditional way from your negatives. If you don't have negatives, they can reshoot the original photo on a copystand and produce glossies from the new negative. In the digital era, however, this seems a bit cumbersome.

dwillis45,

They referred me to someone else but I'm still talking with them about brochures.

We're not that particular except that we want something more professional looking than a copy on cardstock but not as expensive as photo shop duplicate printing on photo paper. I have it all layed out in a TIFF file.

Thanks for your help,
Rusty K

Back