General Copyright Answers

if your familiar with submitting and having your song played on different stations you probably already know the answer to that one.

to put it basically.

-theres a tonne of different ways to get your song played on the radio first of all.
-where it is placed in a lineup
-did they read out the other artists you were played with?
-what kind of radio station is it
-how big is the radio station

i could go into more detail if you want, but it could start getting boring.

and its really something you have to experience first hand.

you can have 'em. pretty sure hollywood records owns that last batch so you may want to avoid those ones. disney has a lawyer or two on retainer i'm pretty sure.

They're pretty cool tunes man! That you on bass?

Running the risk of being lied to :-)p) were you actually signed?

They're pretty cool tunes man! That you on bass?

Running the risk of being lied to :-)p) were you actually signed?

the poorboys were signed. big down low was the pb's with a new drummer and then a B3 player also. i played bass on all of that. the stuff in my sig titled ez_ is all me.

I'd like to compose one thread that could answer any copyright questions that come through here.

No one is going to steal your stupid crappy songs. Don't bother even asking stupid questions about copyriting them.

It's funny, that's what my music teacher, Mr Mercury, said in the mid 70s when I played him a ditty I'd written called "Bolivian wrap soda".........:p

No one is going to steal your stupid crappy songs.

Never once have I heard an Aerosmith version on any radio station anywhere.
My former neighbour, Steven Tallarico, told me that once, when I played for him a cute tune I'd written called 'Next door, next door'. He added "My band have decided on a title for our album now; it's gonna be called 'Toys in the attic' - oh, and sorry about all the noise thru the walls........."

No one is going to steal your stupid crappy songs.

I knew that the janitor of our building, Jim, played a little guitar so I floated an idea to him of a piece I was toying with called 'Whole lotta gloves'. I said "what d'you think of this chorus, Jim ?
*I got a hole in my gloves, aaaawww
I got a hole in my gloves, aaaawww
I got a hole in my gloves, aaaawww
I got a whole lotta gloves....
Waaaaay down inside, yeah !!*"

He just laughed and said "You might as well take over from me as the janitor, kid. No one is gonna steal your stupid crappy songs !"

Back