frustration

grn

every time you think you get ahead, someone comes along and shows you how shitty you really are... it's tough

how do you get through to the people who can make decisions and how do you get them on your side

i wish i knew -- i can say taht im "glad" that im not the only one that voices this frustration -- but im certainly not glad that this is a frustration people encounter --

all i keep thinking, trying, searching for . . . is a more experienced "manager" or "mouthpiece" person who can -- with the gift of gab -- git some of those doors open

I have experienced much of this same frustration but I try to remember that the only person that really should sway the way I view my music is me and the other's opinions/advice (some mean well, some don't) have to come secondary to my wants for the future. Surround yourself with people that support what you are doing and cut the others loose. (Sometimes all you have is yourself and that's ok too)

I have been reading a pretty helpfull book called Ruthless Self Promotion. It talks about how to get a solid strategy to further you in the music business. It might be of some assistance to you.

My biggest frustration is that it all takes more time than I think it should. I'm sure that many others struggle with the same things maybe just in different ways. Keep your chin up. The next small victory is always right around a corner.

I See Death Around The Corner!!!

Well Thats How I Feel . . . Death Before Success . . . But I Keep Pluggin At It Anyway!

To Further U In The Bizniss -- Would You Consider Paying A "music Consultant" Who Comes With References, Track Record ?

I Only Ask Because I Am Entertaining This Notion Now . . . Tryin To Contact All Of The References This Consultant Has Given Me . . . As His Resume/dossier

I would love to have someone to assist with that part of the business but I would have to be completely sure about their motives and their devotion to my music and to what I want to accomplish.

I'd have someone help even if they weren't devoted to my music and they wanted to make money off of it... I'd just be the one deciding how much they got paid

actually, from what i have heard cristian music has a major fan base -- i have seen some rather thorough em cees lose out in battle contests all because the "church" crowd showed up n voted for the wack fellowship-er

hell, ask john kerry how strong the christian vote is!!!!

its funny because the music industry is one of the shadiest industries, but somehow people still want a part of it. lets face it, in order to make it in this game you got to be willing to cut throats, and trust me i use to intern for a one of the guys in one of the most succeful groups in hiphop history! shit is realllll! you got to be willing to back stab your own mom to get on! thats why i stop working there! sometimes is better not knowing the truth!

you have to be tough and aggressive, you don't have to back stab your own mom... there are a lot of nice people that have been successful (some have done some not so good things sometimes, but overall nice)... maybe it works that way in hip hop, I don't know

grn said:
every time you think you get ahead, someone comes along and shows you how shitty you really are... it's tough

how do you get through to the people who can make decisions and how do you get them on your side

are you referring to not winning the TV thing?! I wouldn't worry about it man! Think of all that free publicity you got! That can be huge down the road. Try and see the positive things you can take from that like putting that on your Bio that you played on TV and were seen by lots (thousands? millions?) of peeps. Everything you do pushes you in the right direction!

cheers!
Tait
Bag of Toys

thanks man, it's not just that, I'm sure that contributed, but I know we did get a lot of exposure

Back