Folk-y demos

fendersk8911

Hey everyone,

Recorded a bunch of folk-y demos a while ago, in the vein of Bon Iver, Iron and Wine, etc.

Just wanted to get your opinions on it, because I was thinking about maybe sending them to labels. Also if you've got any ideas of labels that this music might fit with, I'd love to hear it, as I am having trouble figuring out exactly where to send it.

Here it is. Thanks for listening

Dandelion Friends.zip

Get them uploaded to a site like soundcloud or soundclick and post the links in the mp3 clinic forum for a better response.

I like both the bands you mention so will have a listen when I'm not in work

I agree with the previous poster about soundcloud or soundclick. I use soundcloud and have been pretty happy with it. However, I did download your music because I am a sucker for home recorded music. I didn't have time to listen to them all before I made this post, but currently I'm listening to Now I Know. I like your playing and singing, and the song was is good overall. It could have been slighty louder maybe? Here is a record label you could give a shot Grass Roots Record Co. - HOME.

Just had a listen to the two you linked fender.

Wisconsin - nice tone to the vocals and very good performance. Love that dry, natural guitar solo - sounds great. Is it a 12 string you're playing for the main part? I think it needs something else to hold the interest for the length of the song though and add a little texture. It might just be my opinion, but I thought it was crying out for some kind of ambient/ethereal additions in the background a la 'Is a Woman' era Lambchop or 'Love is Hell' era Ryan Adams. I'm thinking some subtle gurgley type sounds, very subtle slide or reverbed piano? It would just add so much more depth to the tune for me.

Maybe a touch more mid and a little more compression on the main guitar part too - it's slightly muddy and the volume could do with levelling a little.

The Wild Hunt - again nice, but the vocals are too low in the mix I reckon.

Nice sound, will have a listen around to the others on yer soundcloud.

Thanks guys!

It is actually a regular 6 string, tuned to an open D tuning. I'm glad you enjoyed it - I was actually thinking about throwing some piano in there, but I want to use a real piano, not a midi one...so I'll have to wait until I can get home.

As far as harmonies go, sometimes I do throw a bit of harmony in, but I'm always thinking that I'm overdoing it...thanks for the suggestion! Perhaps I'll throw some into Wisconsin.

Back