Does anybody know anything about this guy?

Resurrect

So I was contacted via Twitter by a fellow who runs this thing called Exposed Vocals. Some sort of thing where he "finds hidden talent" and tries to give them some PR or something. He wants to do an interview with me. Does (anyone know anything about this guy? And would it be at all worth my while?

How much is he offering to charge you?

If it's free, it's probably a waste of time.

If it isn't free, it's probably a waste of time....and a rip-off.

The few times I've received "I heard your song and I think it's great. I have an offer for you" type e-mails, I always write back and say "Which song of mine did you like the most?". I never hear from them again. This guy probably didn't even hear a second of your music.

I once got an e-mail about my music from Puerto Rico.

Turned out it was just some Spic n' Spam. :eek:

Hey-ho! Thank you. You've been great. I'll be here all week. Try the tacos. :D

I know for a fact that someone reported my post above. Can you believe how uptight some people can be?

Hilarious. :laughings:

Ok. Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I thought, but thought I'd double check. I'm not really desperate yet for allot of exposure, But figured if he was legitimate then I wouldn't really mind. He does do interviews and stuff apparently for free, but those artists Ive looked at that he promoted are all... how shall I say... AWFUL. :D

All joking aside, if you can get on his site without paying anything, how can that hurt? It's when they start offering "airplay" for this amount, and then claim that they'll send your music to "producers" for that amount, that things get shady.

I know for a fact that someone reported my post above. Can you believe how uptight some people can be?

Hilarious. :laughings:

I mean... you definitely deserve it!

Anyway. If he wants to interview you for free, you might as well do it. It's probably not good promotion, but every little bit helps. (If you get a link back to your site, it will improve your Google rankings unless they have him marked as a spam site)

If he wants to charge you for an interview, it's a scam.

All joking aside, if you can get on his site without paying anything, how can that hurt? It's when they start offering "airplay" for this amount, and then claim that they'll send your music to "producers" for that amount, that things get shady.

That's funny, because it sounds like the local radio station selling commercial air time to my boss. lol

Back