The business of music

DJR

undefinedundefined
I',m new here.

Not brought here by choice, but necessity. The link/thread that brought me here has been disabled, thank music (not God, and an observant administrator), and after two weeks of careful deliberation I feel I can be of use to the music community in general. I have written this opening thread at least ten times, then deleted it and gone to bed, but now want/need to finish it. To help you readers, and me to heal.

Bobby Farrell.......

aka, Vandor Music Group (***).....

I'm a victim. BEWARE!

As probably most here, I love music! :D Whether writing it; producing it; recording it; performing it, or trying to market it. It has inadvertantly become my life's work to warn those who aspire to greatness, whether on the stage, or in the studio, (What's the difference?) to avoid ***.

My name is David Raven; 2002, 10 time Grammy award nominee in three categories.....as far as I can remember: 'Album of the year', 'Song of the year', and 'Best male vocal performance'.

I was once a *** associate....emphasis on the 'ass' part! :(

President of their music interests in Danmark, and Vice-President in Canada.

I have always been a musician/writer. It's in my blood/DNA...what have you. Everyone in my family (we are ten strong) plays an instrument. Once upon a time to a high standard. Only two of us has had the balls to pursue it further than a dream and try to make money from it - a living: My sister Helen, and myself.

Helen was smart.....a true performer by nature, dancer, singer, actress...basically, a true entertainer. 10 years my senior, she slogged it out. Night clubs, dinner theatre, bands, and eventually a starring role at Canada's Wonderland's opening season show in the 80's entitled 'Those magnificent movies'. There she met, and married, the orchestral director - Greg Diakun - who has written and produced works for Disney and charted in the Billboard top ten. However, this is not about Helen and Greg; this is about me, and what I write here. Basically, she did it, and has made it, the natural way.

I was dumb! Me...with natural ability, tried short-cuts and got swindled! :eek:

Initially I started on the piano. Then came the double bass, in school, as part of a 32-piece orchestra. Guitar came next. Can anyone remember trying to master arpeggios and Henrix's 'Purple Haze'? Playing in bands followed.....Oh yes, the joy of creation! :cool: I can remember practicing for hours learning the rythyms and lead to 'Could have been a lady'...'April Wine' version, not 'Hot Chocolate's'. Regardless, Time moved on.......

Although British by birth, I was raised in Jamaica and Canada: I consider myself more Canadian than any other nationality I hold citizenship to. In 1992, I felt compelled to return to the country of my birth to pursue the desire I have to travel, fulfill personal needs I need not mention here, and music.

I'll endeavour to not make a novel here about my musical abilities but will assure those musicians here that as a guitar player I performed one night in the Marquis Club, Leicester Square, London - in what was then an open forum for new musicians to come up on the stage and play with the house band - my version of Joe Satriani's 'Satch boogie'...and I brought the house down! :D Okay, my ego trip over, now on to why I have decided to spend my night writing here in place of being in bed next to my hot Danish blond -haired , blue-eyed wife and three year old son.....

Vandor Music Group and Bobby Farrell.

I decided in 1996, to emigrate to Danmark and pursue music full-time. In Danmark at that time and still now, new artists get paid to play, unlike England where new artists mostly have to pay to play in forums that matter!

I purchased a Roland VS-880, a Fostex DAT machine, an IBM computer (I said earlier my loyalties were Canadian :D!) and with my custom Les Paul, African limited edition Vester bass, Roland RD-600, I set out to meet new musicians who could assist me in recording my dream of music to present to 'who ever' could take it further. At that time I found on the net, and soon to be defunct, ***worldwide.org ....Hence, why I am here.

I sent demos across creation to everyone, small and tall, all returned with letters of denial but enthusiasm for my ability. I didn't understand...If I was so good, then why didn't anyone with power want to sign me? The *** website told me why. Please.....take a breath.....this is not about the accolades of ***.....I loathe them, but giving them their due credit is the truth about the industry. Take your time and read about it at *** worldwide.com , when the site is up and running again.

Anyone with any salt will realize the truth, and the scam. The language contained therein is debatable.

My experience has led me to believe that the *** website is 90% truth, 9% sales pitch, and 1% scam/con game. They prey on us. They use our industry ignorance against us, even after they educate us. That 1% SCAM is POWERFUL!! :eek:

I sent in my works.....

I was approached by their then representative of 'International Affairs' -Pam-Violet Nixon - regarding my package and asked if I really wanted to take my dream further. Of course, I said yes! I spent one year being educated about the music business on the net until I was deemed ready to join the ranks, which meant opening a corporation and investing $15,000 USC to be my own Executive Producer (ExP) of my own project. At that time, year 2000, ***'s ExP budgets were $40,000: $10,000 to the Exp, $10,000 to the Publisher; $10,000 to the Label, and $10,000 to the General Licenser..aka distributor.

Yes, I was now a signed artist on my way to the BIG TIME! :D I was the ExP of my project, Icefire Int'l records was my label, Firedragon (ASCAP) was my Publisher, and *** was my Distributor. One of the Big Boys of Int'l distribution, as they like to be known. They even promised that the Warner Brothers logo will be put on my CD, even though it didn't happen.

I was strongly motivated (coerced) by my label representative Chylon (Icefire 'so-called' int'l records, a Canadian label not recognized by CIRPA) to spend an extra $5,000USC to have my product placed on the Billboard chart by buying a chart popsition; an investment that would be met by my label, publisher, and distributor. Think about that.....that's an extra $20,000 to buy radio air-time to make my name a house-hold name by bombarding radio with David Raven songs for a limited period of time. More marketing

Never happened!

Neither did the Warner logo.

Yeah, yeah. Sure sure, you can buy my useless product in Amazon.com under the name David Raven, if you use the search engine title 'popular music', but I will never see a penny, drachma, zloti to account for it. In fact, the 'critique' by a so-called fan named 'Krista' in the website was written by Chylon!

The scam is simple: Lead artists' on by making them believe that a useless website called atlantic-satellite.com is a viable marketing tool for established, current, and upcoming newbies to prostitute their product internationally to a global non-existent audience for $700USC a pop. Man did I feel good seeing my name next to Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, The Stones, Spice Girls, Bowie, etc, etc, etc, ....the list goes on.

The idea is that if you market test your product and it appears on the atlantic-satellite webite, then *** will put you on the table of the MAJOR MONEY INVESTORS. The deal will include untold fortunes. However, it will never happen because *** has no such investors....except those suckers, like me, who givethem 15 grand! Atlantic Satellite is a con game in conjunction with ***'s Bobby Farrell. Amanda Rupprecht (Amanda2) is part of the scam. New Mexico law encourages such villany. Bobby Farrell has preached that HE is the owner of over 10,000 GOLD AND PLATINUM records! :eek:

I say BULLSHIT! He is a liar. He is a fraud! His state's laws protect him. His true title reads like a KKK Grand Wizards! The Lord, Almighty, Supreme something or other General Booby Farrell. Also known as Robert Farrell Cunningham. They are a cult. They are brain-washers. They are scam artists, and they are money-launderers. Beware.

Again, my name is David Raven and I was once a police officer in Peel Region, Canada (Toronto) badge 1242, and I am legally powerless to do anything against my injustice except my words, and the last four hours I have spent on this website's readers.

In place of being redundant, please read the following response I wrote to an email that Chylon sent me two years ago. You decide.

This thread has to be divided in two as I am extremely verbose and am held by the constraints of 25,000 characters per thread. Forgive.

Chylon,

Your email below came at a time when I had a few close musical friends visiting, discussing a possible joint venture. I've known them for over 20 years and have indeed kept them abreast of my *** project since it began when I lived in Danmark. Those were exciting times, these are not! Regardless, after reading your email you succeeded in two things: Making me laugh as I expect this sort of childish behaviour from you, and making my friends anti-***/Icefire advocates! The word has already started to spread throughout Toronto - Canada's largest city and my home for 18 years before I moved to Europe - and its musicians about a so-called Canadian label called Icefire that can't be found by C.I.R.P.A. , if you even know who they are, because if you don't then you can't lay claim to being a legitimate Canadian label as you have to be registered with them. Now, a good six weeks later I have sufficient time in my day to respond to you and your nonsense. For the sake of clarity to all who read this, I will be responding segment by segment beneath your original email.

----- Original Message -----
To: CD Raven
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: ICEFIRE

David,
Re: Your call - I’ve been out of town and when you called, I hadn’t been in the door an hour.

I wrote:
Fair enough, but hanging up on me without warning was rude. Another example of how you treat your artists.

Chylon wrote:
Re: Virus email - I did not send you any email. I have no idea of anything attached that had a virus because I’ve been out of town.

I wrote:
Interesting. While you were 'out of town' someone sent me an email from your address that lit my Norton Anti-Virus program up like a Christmas tree! The only thing I could do was delete it. I emailed you right back and asked what it was, but of course, I didn't get a response because you were 'out of town.' The Gremlins are out early this season.

Chylon wrote:
Re: Artwork for your website - You’ve supposedly downloaded the Art files and we’ve discussed the fact that you can use them. I’ve got the anti-counterfeiting code protection.

I wrote:
Thank you. I never understood that I could use them on my website, only on T-shirts and the like.

Chylon wrote:
Re: IceFire - Yes Ice Fire is Canadian too.

I wrote:
Really?! A search of C.I.R.P.A. www.cirpa.ca reveals nothing about Icefire Int'l Records. My original question to you also asked where I could find a reference to your label's registration here in Canada, but you have chosen not to answer. If you are a legitimate label, why hide where you are registered? I am certain that all the other Icefire-signed artists who are reading this email would like to know that you are more than just a made-up name in Albuquerque.

Chylon wrote:
Re: Access - You need to import the data into access, which imports easily with the import function and then query it. If you haven’t named the fields, I would do so because it makes things easier to query. Drag and drop the fields from the table which you need/want, set the parameters for the sort that you’d like, hit the explanation point, and you should have the result. You can use the query wizard if you need to. It will help.

I wrote:
Thank you. Works perfect!

Chylon wrote:
Now then -----No where am I required to put up with any of your drunks, paranoia, back-dooring, idiocies, etc. and I’m not going to put my life on hold to accommodate the possibility of guessing what state you’re in either!

I wrote:
Chylon, but you do like to throw the gauntlet from the very onset! Very well, let's have at it! I am not a drunk and I am not paranoid. I am from a culture other than American that has never seen the need for prohibition, and history has proven how well that legislation worked. I have learned in my experience with ***/Icefire that the term paranoid is very popular for any artist who requires you to be accountable for what has been paid for. As for 'back-dooring'.....this is yet another term you apply to those who are first labelled 'paranoid' and then are forced to seek answers to their original questions within and without the company that you never answered in the first instance. Idiocies etc.....?

I have been seeking proof from you and Bobby that 5000 copies of my CD were manufactured by BFM, and then promoted to 5000 radio stations that still spin discs. I have not had any response from you or Bobby that is remotely adequate. In place of answering I am called drunk, paranoid, an idiot, that I back-door and am in breach of contract; you haven't even told me where in our joint contract that I am in breach. The truth is because you can't. I've never asked you to put your life on hold for me Chylon, but as an Executive Producer that was trained by *** and held an Executive position with *** in two countries, I have asked you the legitimate questions that any Executive Producer would ask of the label that their artist(s) are signed to. For that, I am slandered, and released from my contract. Interesting. This is what one can expect when doing business with ***.

Chylon wrote:
I’ve always been willing to answer your questions. I am, however, not willing to put up with your paranoid tangents, breach(es) of contract, or any other such actions or activities. The fact is you want a time frame so that you can set your watch to, but when it comes to art and music, that cannot be done without an enormous price tag attached, even then there are no guarantees.

I wrote:
This is good! I will endeavour to not be as redundant as you are in this email with my answers in defence of your rhetorical slanders, but simply love what you have just written. You make reference to time frames in regards to art and music and the price tag involved. It is true that ***'s loop hole has always been a sales pitch without a time frame, but it is equally true that *** preaches it has access to the MAJOR investment monies required to make a new artist, and what kind of money that new artist could be making, as long as they put in their share of the continually increasing initial promotion budget.

The truth is that *** DOES NOT have access to any MAJOR investment money. The truth is that *** is trying to secure the MAJOR INVESTMENT MONEY (at least that is to hope for) using the Executive Producers portion of the budget, else ***/Icefire are making a very comfortable living dividing up the latest Executive Producers portion of the initial promotion budget amongst themselves to pay for road trips to Florida, amongst other places, to spread *** propaganda and secure even more money from new artist(s) cum Executive Producers. You mentioned time frames.........Some people are under the illusion that in our day and age the world is spinning round because of gravity. :) Money, that is what makes the world turn around. We all have to pay for our shelter, food, expenses, educations, cars, insurances, phone bills, net access, etc, and usually payments are made every 30 days. Every one lives by time frames that we can set our watches to, even us artists and you as a label and Bobby as a General Licenser, that is why the second-last paragraph of Article 02 on the *** website clearly states: 3. Your finished productions (which you will pay for) must conform to the General Licenser's dictates: format, total running time, etcetera. Therefore, get that ExP Agreement in Paragraph 2., above, before you spend one penny in recording something that is totally worthless! The Licenser will provide a BREAKDOWN and you'll have no more than THIRTY (30) DAYS to deliver, so be ready to do business. That's THIRTY (30) DAYS to deliver, Chylon.

Chylon wrote:
We needed to prove your product to make the presentation for that significant amount of money for the business loan investment we are seeking in addition to everything else that goes along with marketing and promoting your music. I have invested thousands on your project and additional thousands in effort to get you to the investors for mega-star financing, currently on the table with them.

I wrote:
Sure, sure. I have also invested thousands Chylon, and long before you, Icefire and *** were ever a part of my vocabulary. More Icefire/*** rhetoric. This email was not written for my benefit, but for the benefit of all others whom you forwarded it to who still have a vested interest in your label, and still believe your scam operation due to their lack of industry knowledge and the future hope that one day you will deliver on your promises. They'll all learn. Time will become their terrible teacher, and when in future they question you as to when they might actually be invited to sit down with one of your investors, you'll slander them across creation like you have me.

When I joined *** there was never any talk about Mega-Star financing, only talk that Artists should be their own Executive Producers if they could afford it. I didn't come onboard to be a Mega-Star either; whether I am capable of it or not is not the issue. You preach that you can secure Mega-Star financing for all acts that happen to chart on the Atlantic Satellite - and to date there has not been one - and even if you could secure said financing what makes you think that just because an artist has the talent to record a song in a studio that same artist can act on the silver screen? Or would even want to? The whole idea is ludicrous!

Again, as for your so-called investors....I don't believe that you have any. How many years is it going to take for your so-called investors to make up their minds about your jack-ass operation before they'll part with any money? You and Bobby are always saying that the industry is changing daily, but so is every other industry and financial decisions are still made.

In December 2000, you called me and offered to sign me with a two (2) million dollar contract, and that you might be able to add another $500,000 to that in early 2001, for a total of 2.5 million. Then it became 5 million within a few short months and I felt confident enough to give you $15,000 to be my own Executive Producer based upon those initial figures. Then I worked with you to prepare a Business Proposal for no less than $183,000,000. and included a 100,000 square foot administrative, recording and production facility, and then my family and I move to Canada to get this show on the road and that number rises yet again to $400,000,000., which includes no less than three tour buses, six tractors & trailers, and access to a jet, and THAT is when I started listening to my wife, friends, family, brother musicians, accountant and became suspicious, as they had been for some time prior but I didn't want to believe their doubts AND WARNINGS TO ME; I wanted to believe you! I defended you!

What a moron I was! It doesn't stop there, then the contract was way over 400 million and included starring roles in Major Motion Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!! and was now worth billions. What's next????......... a ride on the Space Shuttle and videos for promotion on MTV made on the moon??!!!!!!!!! How about MEGA MEGA STARS ! ! ! And after that *** fishing trip: ULTRA MEGA STARS ! ! ! From 2 million to 4.8 billion (please view the hilarious attachment) in two years, and I haven't seen a penny of that MAJOR PROMOTION MONEY you say that you can exact for those who qualify! I'm still on the investors table.....gathering dust, no less, just like all your other Icefire artists! I am, however, out of pocket $15,000 that I gave to you to be an Executive Producer of my own useless product. Interesting.

All the afore-mentioned amounts are in US dollars. The original TWO (2) million would have been sufficient to get the show on the road. Go on Chylon, call me a paranoid; call me a beer-joint baratone; call me a drunk; call me emotionally unstable and on one of my tangents; call me an idiot; call me what you will......the truth is obvious.

Chylon wrote:
I cannot tell you who the investors are due to the confidentiality provisions of that contract. Not only can I NOT tell you who they are, but I wouldn’t if I could. There isn’t a doubt that IF you knew the investor contact information, you’d be contacting them too with your paranoia, idiocies, demands, and that would jeopardize the entire deal for everyone that I have on the table. You aren’t the only artist on my label, or project with ***, and I’m not going to jeopardize their careers due to YOU and YOUR problems!

I wrote:
I am not now, and have never been interested in who your investors are. I am not interested in anything more than being able to go out and play with the proper equipment, promotion and planning. I realize that you still have other brainwashed artists on your label whom you can, at least for now, convince that you're doing something for them. It would look awfully suspicious if all your signed artists wised-up simultaneously and called you into account, just like I am. That would be too much for you to handle at once. It works best if it happens one at a time, just like it has been over the years. Nice, easy and neat.

Time will show Chylon, just how many Icefire artists achieve a name that means something to any one else outside of the *** camp. I can hear your rhetoric when I'm 60........that how it was Paranoia, Emotional Tangents, and Idiot Elements that destroyed the would-be careers of Lino, Rudy Love, Diamond Doug Brookings, Ted Rekich, OMP, David Raven, D'Mention, Lone Sojourners, Chris Patrick Chamblee, DeMarcus, Soul Seeker, Shaun Anderson, etc..... But that doesn't matter now, there is - as always - a whole new line of artists (suckers) who are in the final preparation to be on the non-existent table of investors.

Chylon wrote:
There is also no doubt that IF you knew all the Broadcasters and/or other relevant people in this industry, you’d be contacting them too which would jeopardize EVERY other artist’s career in addition, due to YOU and YOUR problems. I’m not going to let that happen to the rest of them either.

Continuation

I wrote:
My only problem is with you Chylon, and Bobby. You make it sound as if you actually care about your artists, and that I am a bad person because by calling you into account that I am the one who will be responsible when other Icefire artists don't get the funding you can't deliver but are promising. I didn't sign on with Icefire because your other artists were any of my concern. They're your problem. I wish they all had the balls to act upon this email. When I was *** President/Danmark, my wife Charlotte worked for months to compile an enormous database that we shared with you; It included every Broadcaster in Scandinavia, including Management companies, Distribution outlets, Event Co-ordinators, Promotion Companies, Clubs, Record Labels, Music Publishers, etc......We even gave you CURB in Germany before you knew about them! I have yet to contact a single one of them because I have no reason to. Are you forgetting that I have understood the *** website and because of which was offered a position? What you have written above is without substance and unfounded.

Chylon wrote:
No, I cannot dictate the time that I can have a hard, guaranteed, set-in-stone date when I can tell the investors to deliver the financing or else. I cannot tell them I need a date so that YOU can set your watch or calendar to. There isn’t a single person involved that doesn’t wish for the specific date. There isn’t one.

I wrote:
I've long ago given up asking you for a date. What I want from you is proof that 5000 copies of my CD have been manufactured AND distributed. That was done on a specific date and time that seems to be a real problem for you to prove. Instead you call me the usual *** slander: Paranoid. I've even given up asking you why the Warner logo isn't on my CD, as your explanation that Warner and Alannis Morrissette were in a legal battle and slowing everything down can not be substantiated by any one except ***, and therefore I had to go with BFM. Truth is, that was the plan all along. I remember your phone call to me in Danmark that STRONGLY urged me to use the new IN-HOUSE *** manufacturing BFM. I said no. I got it any way. Just like D'Mention did because he told me the exact same crap happened to him. *** is so good at providing the inside scoop about the industry, so why not provide some evidence about this Morrissette/Warner fiasco that screwed up production of no less than two premier *** artists. My MASTER even came back damaged and had to be repaired before manufacture could begin. What did Icefire/*** do about it? Nothing.

Chylon wrote:
David, I’ve worked to get the nominations for the GRAMMY’s done on your behalf and that is in process. I will advise you when that happens as I said that I would. I don’t have the information back yet and I cannot help that took time too! They don’t put their lives on hold to get it done simply because I’d like to have the information to be able to get it to you.

You're beginning to sound like a broken record, and a touch emotional yourself Chylon. Could it be true that I am beginning to send the message home? The Grammys.........You and Bobby have both told me that the Grammys are nothing more than a tool to be used by musicians, and that is done by being eligible to be nominated. If everything is in order with the paperwork then every artist that qualifies gets published in NARA's book of nominees, therefore is able to secure higher paying gigs. It is what you have been basing part of your so-called Business Proposal on: Having Grammy nominated artists on your roster waiting for the MAJOR promotion money. If you have done what you said you have done then my name is going into that book. If my name does not appear then it is further proof of your scam operation and not the fault of NARA. Sooner or later you and your *** kind are going to be called into account, and I don't mean in a Pathfinder's crucible, you will have to answer for what you have done and to the people you have stolen from.

Chylon wrote:
It is iteresting to note that your email is now working when I reply to it. Not only did I find out that we had nothing blocked or filtered from our server (which I checked), but I knew that the ISP (checked that too) referenced wasn’t ours. When I mentioned that your email wasn’t working, it was upon you to find out what information YOU could about YOUR problem since communication from Vandor Music Group and Ice Fire International is important to you and your career! Whether you found an answer or not, you had an email that we could have replied to and refused to use it and, that would have solved some of the communication problem.

I wrote:
So now that fiasco was my fault?! Give me a break! Typical that would throw that back in my face and try to make it my fault when it was your system that failed. My emails worked for every one globally except you and Bobby. It is common knowledge that your computer is the Gate Master to everything that *** is, and that you even control Bobby's computer, ergo his lines of communication; he is just unwilling to believe that you are up to anything amiss, or you have something really good on him that keeps him quiet in his three-bedroom ramshackle home, with his dishevelled one-car garage beat-up studio. You live quite differently though, Chylon. Interesting. More on that later. Let's get something straight here, you, Icefire and *** ARE NOT IMPORTANT to my career......you've just been a major rip-off hiccup. My career will go on just fine post Icefire/***, thank you very much. Icefire has never had any record go beyond initial promotion, and *** has never distributed jack! The biggest musical mistake of my life was putting my career in your incompetent hands. And by the way, I recently received a *** update in my hotmail account which proves that you had access to me at an address that worked. Do I have to give you my address, telephone numbers and email addresses every time that we correspond?????? That you would even try to accuse me of any fault labels you for what you are. Please explain the following excerpt I have copied from the *** website? It is the second and third paragraph under the *** Process.

All *** contracts guarantee full composition rights to the authors/composers and NEVER a 'collateralized' (less than statutory) mechanical royalty for artist-composed songs, full ownership of the masters by whoever paid for them (and *** does NOT pay for them!), total control over one's career and image, and a whole lot more such goodies. *** is legendary for paying ABOVE statutory royalties and NO CHARGE-BACK against the Artist!
Please name one artist that *** has ever paid any legendary statutory royalties to? You can't! There have NEVER BEEN ANY!!!! So how can *** be legendary???????? Legends in your own minds is more like it!

Chylon wrote:
NO! We do not finance pipe dreams. We'll help you prove your product to those High Dollar Financiers who do! Once you're on solid business ground, the money is there, the opportunity is there, and *** is there.
Really?! I financed my pipe dream. My product was proven in spades. I opened a corporation in Danmark and a music studio to put me on the solid ground you said that I had to be on, however, MY MONEY WAS THERE, YOURS WAS NOT! THE OPPORTUNITY IS STILL THERE, BUT *** IS NOT! The other General Licensers are still there and doing business. *** IS NOT.

You are a fabulous musician and I won’t deny that! Your musicianship won’t change the fact that you’ve breached the contract. I will live up to the terms of the agreement I have signed with you for THIS CD as I am able. My continued actions are limited and impaired due to your breach. It will not happen with future albums between Ice Fire and you, because there won’t be any.

I wrote:
Thank you. I do have the music in me, but here we go again. What breach?! You still have not told me where in my bogus contract that I can find anything that would indicate a breach. What page? What paragraph? What section? What sub-section? As for you living up to the terms of our agreement.......well, may I live to be so old! Your limitations are self-inflicted as a direct result of your lack of competence, and need to check with Bobby about every decision you make. You both were so busy ripping others off after you got my money that you forgot to send me the Non-nons to sign. :) You remember the Non-nons don't you? I'm so HAPPY to include the $4.8 billion bullshit with this email. Sue me.

Chylon wrote:
I would suggest that you get your paranoia, idiocy and everything else in check so that IF it is possible for you to work with another label, your house is in order to take advantage of any other opportunity that may present itself to you. It would be beneficial for you to do so especially if the approval for funds as I’ve presented to the investors comes through for you. Maybe you can be fortunate enough to get some other label willing to gamble on a music career with you and put up with you and your unpredictable tangents! I won’t!

I wrote:
It stops here. I've grown tired of defending myself of the same insults, but you obviously don't grow tired of calling me names. My personal and business houses have been in order since I gave you $15,000, a business proposal, etc.....and if you scam artists come up with the kind of money that you're boasting, ANY record label would pick me up in a New York second! In fact, they would be beating down my door just because of the 4.8 billion, and anything you say in disrespect of me won't matter worth a damn because you are a music industry nobody who is nothing more than a looping drum machine karaoke singer. You have no viable industry credits that any one has ever heard of except *** personnel, and of course, your Pathfinders. Whooooooooopppppeeeeee. 4.8 billion can buy a country! And for 4.8 billion I would put up with ANYBODIES EMOTIONAL TANGENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so would any one else, except you! You're not an idiot Chylon ( you're not smart either ) you're a terrible scam artist. You scammed me, but the game is afoot! 2 mill to 4.8 bill in two years.......HA!!!!!!!

Chylon wrote:
You are not suffering from ablation in education, you are suffering from paranoia and delusions that are the result of endeavoring to dictate time that you’d like to set your watch and calendar to. And that doesn’t happen with guarantees in the Music Industry. You are hostile not because you’re suffering from an ablation in education, because you know there isn’t any crystal ball or fortuneteller who can dictate to you and/or tell you when things will come so that you can guarantee your fortune. Everyone involved would like to see your success hurry up and happen, but no one can tell if or when.

I wrote:
There you go again, insulting me. You sound like a broken record. You who used to spend hours with me on the telephone, wooing me into parting with 15 g's. Do you remember? Talk of Zecharia Sitchin, Carl Sagan, Star Trek, Pathfinders, your hand-made acoustic guitar, our common love of Spanish music, extra instrumental tracks that I've sent to your son Bo, the AED (the Annointed, the Educated, the Damned.............now THAT is interesting reading that I can't wait to write about at a later date) etc, When you had my money, the communication broke down. And yes, I am hostile to ANYONE who STEALS from me! In perpetuity! Delusional........Me?! Please re-read my responses to you in previous paragraphs to this one, especially the response that outlines 2 million to 4.8 billion. Delusions of grandeur = Chylon, protege of Bobby Farrell, also a sufferer.

Chylon wrote:
When the tragic disaster hit on 9/11, not only were the people who lost their lives and their surviving family members affected, there were millions of others and for various reasons. As a result of the tragedy, the economies of the world were impacted. There are wars and rumors of wars. Take a good look at the impact and effect of the stock market and study it. The list could go on and on; everyone was affected, including ***!

I wrote:
Yeah, yeah! Milk it for all it's worth; you and every other Beer-joint baritone. As always, in the end those who have capitalised on others misery, especially during wartime, will become as dust.

Chylon wrote:
Don’t think so? Read the reports and figure it out. You’re not a stupid individual. Run the New York Stock Exchange numbers. Examine record companies. Vivendi, the music GIANT, is down. BMG is down. EMI is down and on the verge of bankruptcy. AOL is down and under investigation by the Justice Department. Sony is down. Disney is down. While I could go on and on, it is something that may be incumbent upon you to do the research for yourself. They cannot tell when they will increase their economic position and are scrambling with everything they can to increase their value and last year wasn’t kind to any of them. Everyone is scrambling to make sense of the economic impacts whether they are in music or not!

I wrote:
When *** preaches the virtues of an artist being their own Executive Producer, the artist does not know ***'s ulterior motive: And that is to bog the artist down in so much irrelevant politics that have nothing to do with creating music that we forget what service we paid you to perform in the first place; except for writing songs about the changing of the times which has always been in the domain of the artist, not the politicians. Musicians are simple people at heart; expressive, compulsive, passionate, naive, loyal. Qualities you wouldn't know anything about. The fact that some musicians may be capable of greater things than composition does not negate your ulterior motive, it only throws a wrench into your works when you sign one to your scam operation. You exploit us. How is an artist cum Executive Producer supposed to write music, record music, perform music, and understand Bobby's diatribe about the Euro being financed by US tax dollars while counting on you to do what you were paid to do? Pardon my French, BUT WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!! That's your problem! We need to write and record and perform so that you can exploit it, make ten times what we make, if not more, for your administrative efforts, because you're the administrators and we're the artists. If you had any clue as to the reality of what I am writing about YOU WOULD FEEL SHAME! Artists, we represent culture through _expression. For every wolf there are 1000 lambs....hence Icefire/***. You people make me sick. Exploiters. Scam artists. DELIVER WHAT YOU PREACH OR PACK UP AND CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR DAY JOBS FLIPPING BURGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chylon wrote:
Maybe this will solve a point of your ablation. The *** website has been up since August 14, 1996. You know that the site contains the information concerning the accusation of collusion of ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC INCLUDING and the calling of the judicial system into account for collusion. We would NEVER have become acquainted because Bobby would be in prison because it is a felony to accuse a judge of collusion with a case presented before it AND Vandor Music Group wouldn’t be a company at all. By the way, I have seen the cookies that they and the justice department have reviewed the information on the site. You don’t suppose that is a little heat do you?

I wrote:
Please Chylon, illuminate me as to my ablation. My limbs, business acumen and psyche are intact. Brain, ten fingers, ten toes, guitar, bass, piano, wife and child all acounted for. Again, what do I care about what you have written above. I am a humble musician, amongst other things. What you have written is your beef, not mine. The world is what it is: Old money versus new; Remember Rome? I suggest you look up an upstart 'New Man' in Roman history called Gaius Marius; Consul an unheard of seven times! ***'s website is 70% truth, 29% VD (verbal diarrhea), and 1% sales pitch! Musically, it is the best website in existence! I will always laud its' value. It's the 1% sales pitch that is the most dangerous part! You people simply can't deliver what you purport you can! You want to compete with the big boys via the internet globally with your modern-networking-workingfromhomesmalloverheadbecausewehavenoadministrativestreetadressesthatcostmoneytopayforheatlightandwaterandemployeebenefitswhilewetrytoputyou artistscumExecutiveProducersonthetableoftheinvestors, scam. Performing Rights Societies are a scam, in some countries more than others. I won't disagree with you that it is rampant in the USA, as it is in Canada and England, but it isn't as bad in other places, like Danmark! But I'm not here to discuss that, falling into your Icefire/*** trap of trying to deter from the business at hand: MUSIC! and the proof that 5000 copies of my CD have been made and distributed, and to whom!

Chylon wrote:
I’ve got a conservative $90,000 tied up as MY investment, which doesn’t include your investment, the General Licensor investment, or the Publisher investment, in you. Over the next few months, I know that I’ll have more expenses as I intend to capitalize further based on the potential up-and-coming-that-I-can’t-set-my-watch-or-calendar-to Grammy Nomination.

I wrote:
Bullshit! You aren't worth $5.00US per hour, let alone the $1000.00 you charge! (I'm charged $1000USC per hour for ***'s services) I have a life-times investment invested; to that there can be no value valuated! I put the onus on you, for the public record that it must be for tax purposes, to prove it. And I will be sending an edited version of this email to your revelant tax office next year for reference. You can't even submit documentation as evidence for a measly 5000 manufactured and distributed copies of my CD project! What I do expect is that at $1000.00US per hour that you have put in an extreme amount of hours in my regard, similar to the Mafia's brilliance of exploiting the system by opening restaurants to launder their money. Another trip or two to NM and I'll figure out how you manipulate state laws to perpetuate your con-game.

Chylon wrote:
Would I have liked to see you make it work. You damned well better believe it, because I’ve got my money tied up too. But, you breached the contract! Does that solve a point of your ablation? Probably not because it doesn’t have a watch, calendar, crystal ball, or fortuneteller attached to it from your perspective.

I wrote:
Rhetoric, rhetoric, rhetoric...........I didn't come aboard with you people because I'm rich enough to throw fancy to the wind and see what happens. Since I was not born into old money, I am vulnerable like all the other suckers you scam....but only to an extent. Just don't expect me to lie down and take your shit! You are on notice that I am Icefire's and ***'s self-appointed watch dog! I'll be watching, reading your newsletters, and responding. So many *** personnel and artists are afraid of you; I'll not name them because it is their shame not to stand up against you, not mine!

Chylon wrote:
Finally, I am happy that your wife and child are with you, where they belong.
Thank you, Chylon. Me too. They are my joy. My inspiration. My reason for living. I want to bring to your attention all who are CC'd with this email. Because those CC'd people have indirectly been a part of your scam, through me and my signing to Icefire/***, hence my humiliation, and all it entails. I am going to let the world know, musician and consumer, who you people are and how you scam artists. The word will spread. As promised, you have become my pet hobby to undermine your scam operation so that in future no other artist will have to go through what you have put me and my family through. $15,000US could have bought a car, been a down payment on a house, bought food for two years, bought furniture, bought a stock portfolio for my son's education, etc......these things people understand. You have much to answer for, and you will.

In closing, I want everyone to know Bobby Farrell's real title:

The PATHFINDERS are a multi-denominational militarily structured Mission/Rescue order Chartered under the Anointed of God Assembly, and their Ranks and Grades are recognized by all World Service Organizations such as the United Nations, World Council of Churches, World Health Organization, all U.S. and Foreign military corps. General Farrell's true rank and title is: Reverend Doctor Lord Grand Marshal General Sir Bobby Farrell. His Jubilee Year of Service (50 Years) was 1998. And he is the Order's Highest and Most Decorated member.

A bit full of himself, wouldn't you think? Should we bow or curtsy in his presence? Personally, I don't trust people with titles, especially titles like that, or those who claim to be anointed!

Without Respect,
David J. Raven.
EX-*** President Danmark
EX-*** Vice President Canada

P.S. - For those friends who receive this with whom I have not had contact with for some time and think that I am in Canada living my musical dream, know that I have had to make other choices for my future to support my wife Charlotte and son Lucas here in Canada. To that extent I have applied for and been accepted into the Canadian Military/Air Force to be exact, and am awaiting a date to begin my training. The music I will always have and something I can do on the side.

Atlantic Satellite ( The place *** wants to stick you for only $700.00 per song )

Check this out. Could there be some slimy stuff. "Amanda Two" is all over the BBS listed above and looks to be Administrative Contact for Atlantic Satellite. The Technical contact just happens to be not far from the Generals Home Base in NM and is a service provider and website designer that does not even have Atlantic Satellite listed on their page of sites http://www.thuntek.net/

This is the home of Atlantic Satellite. Looks like they are in the middle of a field

The phone number belongs to Raymond Gonzales and the fax number is bogus

This is all public Information

Atlantic Satellite Marketing (ATLANTIC-SATELLITE-DOM)
PO Box 366
Alvarado, TX 76009
US

Domain Name: ATLANTIC-SATELLITE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Rupprecht, Amanda (AR1546) atlantic@THUNTEK.NET
Atlantic Satellite Marketing
PO BOX 366
ALVARADO, TX 76009-0366
US
(817) 790-6352 fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact:
Network Technologies, Inc., Thunder (QUWUQNBNZI) info@THUNTEK.NET
Thunder Network Technologies, Inc.
3150 Carlisle Blvd NE Ste 112
Albuquerque, NM 87110-1682
US
505-889-4935 fax: 505-275-0675

Back again, for those who have endured this entire reading. Yes, I expect repercussions. And although I will not waste my time, or money, in a New Mexico court of law, I will use my skills as a writer to spread the word about *** (VACUOUS MISCELLANEOUS GARBAGE). Now, six hours later, I am near completion of this post. May it bring enlightenment.

Please respond... I will make myself available to those who are concerned.

No, I am not defeated. I will soon rise again. In the UK.

Your humble musical servant, to a worthy website of insightful readers.

David Raven.

Trying to help

No I can't. Just, as before, don't bother reading it, as it obviously doesn't apply to you.

lol ok I'll bite...I'll read the post but at this point..I'm not hurting....I'm having fun in music....i think thats because I'm not trying to get signed...I'm just trying to see what i can do.......and get laid of course

It would have been interesting to see you here when *** was on here spewing all their bullshit. They were bigots, and liars, and just plain weird. I mean claiming that George W handpicked him to be in charge of his security when he visited NM....? Give me a break.

Anyway I remember seeing your name when all that crap was going on. I don't remember where but as soon as you mention the Peel region It rang a bell...

ok I'm half way through reading it.....i believe this site has already dealt with Vandor and their escape tactics during questioning. this would be much better as a short film script because the reading would be good with actors and actresses but its making me sleepy...I'm at work too. I'll drink a red bull and keep reading though so i can give the rest of us half-interested folks the cliff notes

..........ok....i got it.

Raven: chylon. your company sucks...if its a real company that is. i wasted alot of money on you

Chylon: you're a paranoid and drunk canadian in breach of contract.

Raven: how am i in breach of contract?

Chylon: soo! how 'bout them maple leafs!?

Raven: you arent answering my question! just like all the other times i asked.

Chylon: then you have your answer now dont you!?

Raven: why wont you tell me!?

Chylon: because our investors want anonymity and i wouldnt tell you anything about them because you're a paranoid and drunk canadian in breach of contract!

Raven: quit insulting me! you're lucky new mexican laws wont allow me to get you or i would!

Chylon: you and the canadian mounted police!? ok dudley do-right. just know that i put alot of money in you and you woulda been a star!

Raven: so how did breach the contract?

Chylon: would ya look at that stock exchange....man, sugar and pork bellies are on the rise.

Raven: i shoulda listened to my family and not gotten suckered by the likes of you.

Chylon: well you never had to sign the contract.

Raven: well I'll know better next time

Duke: And knowing is half the battle

Chorus: G.I. JOOOOOOOE!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post

I laughed my ass off reading 'Distortedrumble's' summation of my post, and wished I was capable of such a parody of my circumstances. I know my post reads like a short story that is heavy reading, but it was necessary to be written that way, unedited.

And Vestast, a website called www.***scams.com brought me here. My last correspondence with Bobby was littered with accusations that I had constructed the afore-mentioned site, and thus I was in breach further, etc, etc, etc... I never wrote the site, another *** fall-out artist - Dominic John -did. I read a thread there about ***'s activities here and decided to join. I would have enjoyed that fight! :D

Regardless, this is how we can protect ourselves against them and those like them: The net! Music forums are a great place to sucker in hopefuls, but I have noticed that for the last two years I have been after them, that Music Forums are becoming increasingly a place for them to defend themselves. They haven't changed their tactic, or their language for that matter. What they do change is their website. Always under construction when the shit hits the fan.

Iconoclastic flagilists/***!

Thanks for taking the time to read. :cool:

we've dealt with their runaround before. to my knowledge, no legitimate company will ask you to give them money up front to make your career better

Horrible!

David,

This is a horrible story! My sympathies go out to you, and I wish you luck in trying to recoup all the money you lost.

I can't believe there are unscrupulous people out there who get a kick out of playing on people's dreams, and seeing how they can screw them instead of how they can help them.

That's one of a number of things I hate about American Idol.

1. They limit the age to between 18 and 24 (that sucks).

2. The "contracts" the "winners" receive (because we know all of the finalists get contracts, all 5 or however many of them) are horrible contracts, and very limiting.

3. They only really focus on one, and only one, type of music. For instance, I couldn't get on there and belt out a song I like, because it isn't in the genre they're looking for. As a country singer, I could never do this, and wouldn't even make it onto that show, because I don't sing the right "type" of music.

MJR

By MICHAEL FELBERBAUM, Associated Press Writer

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A year ago, she was Fantasia Barrino, unemployed and borrowing money to pay rent on a one-bedroom apartment, where she spent days playing with her 1-year-old daughter, Zion.

Now, after winning the "American Idol" competition, she has a new $500,000, 5,000-square-foot home, a new single in stores and a new outlook on life

Don't sound too bad to me.

Yeah Idol gives less then an industry standard contract, controls the image and content of an artist, and handles their entire career. Then again Clay Aiken would be on summer break from his teaching gig if it wasn't for AI. Think he would be somewhere playing his dues? Clarkson, Ruban and Fantasia the same. It's the price they pay for taking a short cut to success. (If you call answering a cattle call with 700,000 other people a short cut)

How many other venues let you hone your craft in front of 15 plus million pair of ears every week? And before we blame Simon Fuller, the Judges, the “Artists”, Fox Television or the sponsors remember none of them wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the fact that for some reason people get a kick out of seeing a rude brit insult marginally talented kids having a gloried show choir tryout.

The only ones I blame are guest judges like Elton John who show up to ride this gravy train. Now word has it they want Bob Dylan to be a guest judge. Can anyone imagin if a young Dylan tried out for AI? I would talk about Dylan's intregity being on the line, but some believe it already went out the widow when he did a Victoria Secrete's spot. (Then again, how many of us red blooded males would turn down that gig? :D )

Anyone know about http://www.taxi.com. They claim that the recording industry comes to them looking for new talent, bands and songwriters. They critic your work and tell you what you need to do to make it in the industry. (Hum... sounds like AI doesn't it?)

The catch? $200.00 clams to join and $5 - $15.00 per song submission. :eek: I guess as Wayne Newton said in The Adventures of Ford Farlaine: "Why should the artists be making so much money?"

rebuttal

"...Now, after winning the "American Idol" competition, she has a new $500,000, 5,000-square-foot home, a new single in stores and a new outlook on life."

"Don't sound too bad to me."

You know, that doesn't sound bad to me, either. I wouldn't mind having a half-million dollar house and a single in stores, but I'm taking a different route to reach my goals.

"How many other venues let you hone your craft in front of 15 plus million pair of ears every week?"

None...but let me ask you, how many of these "American Idols" have ever sang AND played an instrument during the competition? Do they even sing with a live band? I'm not a big fan of the show.

"...remember none of them wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the fact that for some reason people get a kick out of seeing a rude brit insult marginally talented kids having a gloried show choir tryout."

And now, how many of them now have their hopes, dreams, and self-esteem dashed to pieces on the rocks in front of millions of people?

The other thing that sucks is that the MAXIMUM age for getting on that show is 24 (I think).

Another problem is that the rules are manipulated. I always thought that JUST the winner got a contract. We now know that to not be true.

LOL ok now check this out....due to fantasia being from high pointand clay being from raleigh...i've been told by a supposed rep for a production company that record companies are looking for talent in NC. well this guy wants a cd from me with 6 of my songs on it so he can start letting his people hear it. these scam companies aren't waiting around....I'm going to look around on the internet and see if this so-called production company exists

I honestly don't think production companies care where talent comes from. If they're solely concentrating on NC, they're making a mistake.

I honestly don't think production companies care where talent comes from. If they're solely concentrating on NC, they're making a mistake.

I thought they all went to the Carolina's after Hootie and the Blowfish got big.

None...but let me ask you, how many of these "American Idols" have ever sang AND played an instrument during the competition? Do they even sing with a live band? I'm not a big fan of the show.

My wife is a big fan of the show and sometimes she ropes me in to watching. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Especially the time I went to see Prince and had 3 hours sleep. Seeing a true musical genius and then seeing that sludge, uh!!!

To answer your question they sometimes do have a live backing band. On “Motown” night they brought in the original band that played on the Temptations and Supremes albums. On Latin night they brought in “The Miami Sound Machine” of Gloria Est (I can’t spell it right) fame. And let me tell you, it was like mixing a fine single malt whiskey with a Shasta Cola.

But your right, most of these kids isn’t artist, their performers. Some they say have the potential to grow into songwriter just as Brittany Spears supposedly did. (now there is something all us songwriters can aspire to) But once you get down to the top 12 they have to chose from a predetermined list of songs to fit the theme of the week.

There was actually an interesting article saying that a lot of lawyers and agents in the music industry tell their clients not to audition for A.I. because of the bad contracts, loss of creative freedoms etc… As I alluded to earlier AI is for the people who want the quick and easy path to stardom, who don’t care about creative control, and probably wouldn’t be pursuing a career in music if the had to pay their dues the traditional way.

Another problem is that the rules are manipulated. I always thought that JUST the winner got a contract. We now know that to not be true.

It's reality TV, of course it's manipulated. Notice that during the audition phase of the show you never see any good or average singers. You get the kids who have the vocals to make it or you get the really bad singers who everyone seems to enjoy laughing at. Unless your William Hung and in that case their still laughing at you, but that's OK if your laughing all the way to the bank. Which I think was his real purpose.

Last edited:
No! I have nothing at all against North Carolina. :-)
I'm just saying they should spread out all over the country.

Back