Autumn

TAE

All you have is now
AUTUMN

Very simple live recording of Edgar Winters "Autumn" Always dug the tune and they had a end of summer section at Soundclicks clickers club so I banged it out for it........This is my first use of the TC Helicon Voicelive Harmony tool and in this case it is just on throughout the whole song. I had to use it pretty raw...I've now downloaded the Vyzor editing tools and can start making patches ...I suspect I will be using this a lot in my future recordings...I plan on starting to get away from the simple one shot live stuff and get a little more complex.... :eek:

That sounds fantastic. If you're sending the harmony to a separate track from the clean vocal, then you might work on the balance. The harmony could be lower in the mix for me. There are some obvious edits here and there.

I dig those keys, what are they?

Love the original. Nice version, found the 'attack' on the vocals (from the TC) a little annoying at times. Some volume automation needed, its a bit all over the place.

That sounds fantastic. If you're sending the harmony to a separate track from the clean vocal, then you might work on the balance. The harmony could be lower in the mix for me. There are some obvious edits here and there.

I dig those keys, what are they?

Thanks Robus!

.....this is recorded direct out of my Yamaha MOX8 into Reaper ( no mixer really) so the mic goes to the TC helicon and the vocals come out in stereo to the MOX8 so no separation possible...Again it was one of my lazy man one shot live recordings and the whole thing was knocked out in less than 30 minutes ...The only editing was pulling the mic noise when there were no vocals and one little flub...I'm not home right now to see which Electric Piano patch it was on the MOX but it was just a stock one that I liked. I usually just use the acoustic piano sounds but decided to go EP on this at the last moment...I liked it too!

Love the original. Nice version, found the 'attack' on the vocals (from the TC) a little annoying at times. Some volume automation needed, its a bit all over the place.

Thanks Mike....

As mentioned above it was a quickie spur of the moment recording. . The vocal line starts out rough and there are a few rough spots that in a more polished version would have been redone or edited

Tweeking the Voicelive via the VL pedal is a PITA IMO so I kind of hunted for a patch that half ass met what I wanted and rolled with it...running the harmonies through the whole thing is not something I would normally do but it was a quickie lets do it kind of thing.. That said...I am very optimistic on the overall sound VL and with some time and tweeks I think I am going to be able produce some cool tunes with backing harmonies...something I was struggling with previously.....

Back