Attention Extreme Metal Bands

FoulPhil

Any extreme metal bands out there do any fcked up versions of normal songs? I'm trying to put together a free digital release, like a promotional compilation album etc. With the theme being about butchering hit songs of any genre. It could be anything from rock, blues, to current crap whatever is "in" right now. It can be what ever you want to do, but just done in any extreme metal style. Let me know if you want to contribute.

Sounds interesting... I might compose something just for this (I wouldn't call anything I do extreme metal, but I can thrash something from my steampunk hole).

Sounds interesting... I might compose something just for this (I wouldn't call anything I do extreme metal, but I can thrash something from my steampunk hole).

OK well just try to make it as extreme as you possibly can. heavy guitars, fast paced drums, slamming base lines and screaming or guttural vocals lol. I know a lot of people would wonder what the point of doing something like this would be, but it's just another way to get some bands names around, fan sharing and things like that. It helps a lot when you have an extreme metal band already though lol...

Cool! Unfortunately, my extreme metal band is still very much in the conceptual phase. (As in, I've written a bunch of songs, but not even started putting a band together)

Well you could do a cover song for shits and see how it comes out. The theme of the compilation is to butcher a classic song lol

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea. If I feel any inspiration in the coming weeks I'll let you know.

How about church hymns? I did a mean "We Come To Your Table" a while ago with lyrics that would get me excommunicated.

I don't know if that qualifies as a hit song, but if it's real heavy stuff go for it. I guess it counts as a cover song lol.

Oh. I'd missed the bit about it being covers. The only cover I have planned for that project is Psalm 137 with updated melody (original language lyrics).

I don't think I could churn out any extreme metal in a short period of time though, so don't wait on me.

Oh. I'd missed the bit about it being covers. The only cover I have planned for that project is Psalm 137 with updated melody (original language lyrics).

I don't think I could churn out any extreme metal in a short period of time though, so don't wait on me.

Yeah it's cover songs done extreme metal style

If Mountain Dew commercials have taught us anything, it's that it doesn't matter what you do... as long as you do it EXTREME.

WORD

We have 18 tracks for the Cover Songs compilation I'm putting together with Torn Flesh Records. The album cover's concept is done and will be finished pretty soon. If you have a good cover song done in the style of extreme metal let me know. You still have time to join in and it's going to be an awesome compilation :D

Back