Anyone know what AngelCiti Music Market is?

bobbo

Has anyone else received this email? I just got this today and am wondering what its about and if its some kind of scam. This is the message:
Dear Rearranging the Furniture,
AngelCiti International Music Market is producing a national tour featuring the top MP3 bands from around the country. In addition, AngelCiti has organized a dynamic new approach for promoting the work of todays top talented independent musicians with a 5 day music market in Los Angeles showcasing some of the hottest bands from around the country in front of major national recording labels. We have listened to your music on mp3.com and are interested in including your band in our music market.

So I emailed them back and gave them my telephone number and they said they are going to call me back tomorrow. Anyone know what this could be about? Did I just set myself up for some sales pitch? I've only been on mp3.com for a week, so it seems that they must email everyone or something. Hell I don't even have a band, maybe they forgot to look at the band members part.
Has anyone else come across this?
Thanks
bobbo

Aha, just as I suspected. Pay $250 and your own plane ticket to LA and you can play for 30 minutes between 250 other bands. They haven't called me yet, but I'll be ready when they do, and if they do, I hope my wife is around so we can fake one of those husband/wife fights with lots of swearing and cursing for them to hear and maybe change their mind about bothering me again.
That usually does the trick.
bobbo

[This message has been edited by bobbo (edited 04-17-2000).]

There are a few other tricks if that doesn't work.

You can yell across the room - "Hey, Fingers! Whose house is this, anyway?"

Or you can act really nervous, repeat yourself a lot, and finally pause, take a deep breath and ask them if Shout gets out bloodstains.

Just don't go overboard. I heard a story about one poor creative individual who got into quite a lot of hot water with the police after scaring the wits out of a telemarketer. Seems the salesperson ended up calling 911 or something.

Me, I just hang up. Or give them the phone number for the consumer fraud hotline, stuff like that.

Back