Anyone familiar with Chase Brooke?

These "companies" cruise places like kickstarter and bandcamp looking for people to make money off of.

From the site:

What are the requirements for acceptance?

You must have a current and active fundraising project on a major U.S. Crowdfunding Site such as Kickstarter or GoFundMe.
You must have an active Facebook Fan Page for your band or project (if you don't have one, CBA can assist you in setting one up.)
You must have an active Twitter account (if you don't have one, CBA can assist you in setting one up.)
You must have some samples of your music, either in sound or video available online where CBA can direct potential donors.
What does CBA charge for this service?

Once you 'apply for consideration', a qualified and experienced team member here at Chase Brooke & Associates will review your crowdfunding profile, research your band's social network pages and listen to your samples and demos if available. Within 48 hours, they will contact you and share with you their evaluation and proposal for services. CBA's services range between $75 to $150 per week depending on services rendered OR 3.5%, which ever is more.

You're a tech savvy dude, right? They can't do anything that you probably couldn't do yourself. I really really hate these internet vultures.

Yeah, if it was just that, I'd have deleted the email and moved on. The catch is, they said our band might be eligible for this service for free. It sounds kind of scammy, but I can't figure out where the money is. Is it a tax thing? Would they just wait until the campaign was over and then demand money?

That's why I'm asking if anyone knows these guys' reputation or has worked with them.

Email them back and ask. Me personally, I think everything is a scam. People coming to you is a scam. Goodyear doesn't knock on your door saying "hey let me get you some tires!". No you go to them when you need tires. With music stuff its all a scam.

I got this letter about my kickstarter project, so I assume I should not be excited after what I read.....The link they sent did say by invitation only...and like others said they said it was for free and pro bono.....Scam?

Hello! I just read through your profile on KickStarter and love what you are doing. I would love to see if there was some way I could help you out in fundraising for this project. I am currently working as a Project Producer for Chase Brooke & Associates (CBA) in Hollywood California. I have been a professional fundraiser in the music arena for over 20 years and have worked as a Major Gift Officer for Boulder Philharmonic, Colorado Symphony, LA Philharmonic/Hollywood Bowl and Mastermedia in Hollywood. CBA provides fundraising services to bands, artists and other music groups. It is part of each Project Producer's job to find bands, artists and other projects that could benefit from our services free of charge, on a pro-bono basis as part of our 'Giving Back' charitable program. 93% of our projects have met or exceeded their fundraising goals on over 25 Crowdsource Funding Sites. I have nomitated your profile to be a receipient of our 'Giving Back' program to receive our Crowdsource Fundraising Services free of charge. I invite you to check out the program and see if you could benefit from this free service. Please click on the link below. If the link is not 'clickable', you may have to copy/paste in the address bar of your internet browser. You can also find out a little more about Chase Brooke and some of our success stories when you are there. I hope you consider accepting our services. Hope to hear from you soon. Gregory James Project Producer

I left out the link.

Yeah, that's verbatim the email that I got. The guy never responded to my "but seriously, there's no way you'd offer this if you weren't making money, so where's the money for you" email, so I'm increasingly convinced it's a scam.

Back