Anybody bothered making a youtube music video?

J

jokerone

That's how Justin Bieber started.. :laughings::laughings:

Seriously, the tools to make an HD video lip synced dubbed music video have never been cheaper and more available.

I'm thinking it might be a fun project to give a try to.

All the time. Unless its; a dynamic live performance, might be better to do a slide show, animation or something else, though. A lot of people will click on the youtube, then listen while browsing in another window.

All the time. Unless its; a dynamic live performance, might be better to do a slide show, animation or something else, though. A lot of people will click on the youtube, then listen while browsing in another window.

A slide show is much easier than an actual video. I've made short films and the amount of time involved in chopping it, can really be huge.

I have youtube vids of me drumming. For most of them, no editing was really involved, aside from me chopping the beginning and end off so you just got the performance. And of course syncing the DAW audio to the video, which was probably the easiest part.

I have youtube vids of me drumming. For most of them, no editing was really involved, aside from me chopping the beginning and end off so you just got the performance. And of course syncing the DAW audio to the video, which was probably the easiest part.

I meant a music video much like a short film, not a static shot of a performance necessarily. lots of camera changes, angles, syncing both lips and scenes to match the music. It can be a lot of work, but really fun too.

I meant a music video much like a short film, not a static shot of a performance necessarily. lots of camera changes, angles, syncing both lips and scenes to match the music. It can be a lot of work, but really fun too.

I've done multiple camera angles etc. with live performances, but I haven't included video taken when the band wasn't actually playing what you hear. It would be easy enough: just take a boombox with a CD of the song for the performer to sing along with, then use the audio to sync clips in post.

For me, the difficult part is coming up with ideas that would work with my songs.

I've thought about trying one, but it's a lot of work for something no one will watch.

You might be surprised how many people watch it. But you are correct. Based on the short films I've made, its a shit load of work. Lots of time mostly.

---------- Update ----------

For me, the difficult part is coming up with ideas that would work with my songs.

Ideas are easy. getting off my butt to do them, thats the hard part.. :D

If you are interested, post your song and we'll come up with some ideas and you can use them or thank us and wipe your butt with them. your choice.

You might be surprised how many people watch it. But you are correct. Based on the short films I've made, its a shit load of work. Lots of time mostly.

How would anyone watch it? I wouldn't go advertising it all over the place.

I do have a shit ton of what I think are good ideas for videos to my music. The problem is I don't have the skills, tools, desire, or patience to make them happen. :o

How would anyone watch it? I wouldn't go advertising it all over the place.

I do have a shit ton of what I think are good ideas for videos to my music. The problem is I don't have the skills, tools, desire, or patience to make them happen. :o

Hey, I liked your CDs enough to buy them. Somebody will watch your stuff... :)

I used Adobe Premiere Pro because it came in the package with Photoshop. Its way more than most people need. I'm sure there are cheaper options now.
About 2 years ago I went to China and picked up a point and shoot camera that does HD. I'm sure for a youtube video something like that would work fine, since the audio would be dubbed in in post processing anyway.
I think a lot of DAW software does some sort of video editing now as well.

You maybe a lot closer than you think.

I highly recommend to anybody interested in making a short / cheap films to watch El Mariachi. Robert Rodriquez's first film he did as a summer project while a student at UT Austin. Watch it with the Director's audio track on, not the actual film track. He shows someone who is interested just how bleepin cheap a theatrical film can be made without a crew, including all sorts of short cuts, and cool ideas. Watch this and listen to his comments about how he did this full length feature film (before digital video and computer editing) for $5000 and you will see how much easier it is to make a youtube video in 2014. :D

El Mariachi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back