Any advice on how I can get my music into TV/video games/film?

There's a company called Sentric Music based in England who do what's called 'Syndication'. If you sign up (free), they send round regular emails from TV/adverts/films etc looking for certain types of music. Some will suit, some won't. They'll take a fee for getting you the syndication though I guess you'll weigh that up given the exposure it can get you.

check out this site here: musiclibraryreport.com

This site compiles a list of music libraries and licensing companies that work with music supervisors in the business. Other composers, songwriters, recording artists post experiences they've had with the various companies and rate them based on their personal experiences. Before you start submitting music to these companies be sure to do your research.

Warning! The music licensing business is very competitive and requires a lot of patience and a thick skin. Good luck.

Royalty Free Music and Sound Effects Library, Stock Footage, Photos, and Multimedia Content at Productiontrax.com

I post music and buy music from this site. It's free for users to post their music. When people need songs or other sound fx they just browse for what they need and buy from the site. The site takes a cut of the money (i dont think its too much). I work in radio and tv advertising and we use it almost daily. The same song can be bought as many times as you want, and you can also post several versions of your song (full, :60, :30, :15, with leads, no leads, etc.) Most songs go for around $40-$75, so its not bad money.

Back