What yall think??

Bloodbought

Rap R&B song aired in 6 states so far. Your opinion???

yo sup hip hop fams. i wasnt gettin no hits on the mp3 section and wanted to post this to the fams on this forum cuz its all hip hop. I had the privilege of producin this song in Miami with an artist Kenny Brown who can blow fo real. could yall peep it and critique it? thanx. Peace and GB
This is one of 3 songs seeming to pop off. The other two is "He Gotz the Whole Wide World In His Hands" and "I Love You' written for my wife in remembrance of our struggles. Ill post it down the road if my response is strait. Peace
www.soundclick.com/bloodbought

Last edited:
this is hot but it needs better mixing the vocals need to be dropped into the mix better. you need some stronger sounds also. the idea is on point i love the song

this is hot but it needs better mixing the vocals need to be dropped into the mix better. you need some stronger sounds also. the idea is on point i love the song

I listened to the first half of IN HIS HANDS then got disconnected...

Mix is just not so tight... Many parts of the vocals I can't understand and parts on the beat seem to bump heads.

Sounds like you got some work to do on your mixing from the other comments I see... All the sounds are solid and nothing is really thin or over the top so i think if you can sit everthing in the mix better you should be cool.

Keep it coming doctor... Peace...

I really cant say much about the mix, however, I will critique the flows...

I think at times the MC really gets off beat...
I think you should redo the vocals and get the MC to concentrate on keeping the beat...
Other than that I think its cool...

Oh yeah, Bloodbought I saw you influences...
Nice choices..
Do You Like CM's New Disc?
Also, check out a dude on these forums named CANINE or KNINE
he's dope...

Sometimes the beat does seem to compete with the vocals and you can't quite hear what is being said. I think you need better sounds also (though I can't comment on that front right fellaz ;) ).

The concept of the song is good and the rhyming is pretty good - I really like the bit when the rap vocals say "he's got the whole wide world" with the singing. Good song in the making - not much else wrong with it really.

Good job.

Yo I'm feel'n this. Very good stuff. I'm listening on head phones so I can't really comment on the mixing but I like the concept and this is some of the nicer christian rap I have heard in a while. Very well put together. If you can get a better mix of it you should be on your way no doubt.

Peep'd "...IN HIS HANDS..." and the potential is absolutly there,yet there are few mix & dynamics issues that need to be resolved.

1st, boost bottom freqy's a tad by 2-3db's (60-75hz) while adding a bit mid-sweep to vocs for clarity and presence. Try and isolate and contain the rhythmic flava'/beat via panning the kick dead center and the snare slight right with a .015ms of delay to cover the left; in this way the beat sit's in it's own space in the stereo-spectrum w/o interfering the melodic and harmonic content.
The keyboard sample,while on point, should be moved back a lil
bit in the mix while the lead lyrics are in charge (cut gain some).
Have you considered adding a 3rd or even 4th harmonic note to the key chord you are presently using? This might add more musicality and feeling to the backing of the lead lyric.
Lastly, there is a slight delay when the chorus leads with ..."we got the whole world......." that lags behind the beat giving a slight impression of timing/synch diff issues. If its not the back-ups, than adj'ing pitch by an increment of .02 will put chorus on beat!!!

Yo' Bloodbound, believe me, these are merely my suggestions/opinions! Overall, your pro'dctn, track'g and mixdwn
are on point. I enjoyed this interpretation of yours and with a tweak here and there this joint'll be tite!

Good work, son!!

Back