Slick Rick

Abyyss

that's life
I found this at rapbasement:

"It has been an entire year since Slick Rick was put into detention in a Bradenton, Florida prison by the INS.

Rick's case has been on hold since March, awaiting Judge Kimba Woods' decision on whether or not he can stay in the United States.

"Rick can't get that year back," Rick's publicist Bill Adler told
AllHipHop.com. "He should be released while he awaits the decision."

In December, Rick's lawyers filed an emergency stay of deportation, with hopes of keeping the embattled rapper in the United States, after the INS ruled to deport him back to England

Woods blocked the deportation ruling on December 27, just one day before he was scheduled to be deported.

Both sides presented their case to Woods in March and after three months, a ruling has yet to be issued.

According to Adler, due to new phone rules at the prison, Rick has had problems reaching the outside world.

"He hasn't even been able to speak his wife, it's been at least a week since he has communicated with anyone."

Slick Rick, a native of Great Britain, has lived in the United States since the age of 11. He faces deportation because of a 1990 incident, in which he shot his cousin and a bystander.

Rick served five years in 12 days in prison because of the incident. According to United States law, any non-citizen who serves more than 5 years in prison must be deported.

Source: All Hip Hop"

damn

i think him serving 12 days over five years was either a conspiracy or a big as coencidence. i bet the judge hates the fact that he can afford a lawyer, they probably trying to wait untill he is flat broke before he is released.

This is ridiculous. He's being treaed like a murderer over some stupid misunderstanding.

It's too bad, cuz Slick is a staple amongst the foundation of Hip-hop... I remember the story telling days...good times.

attachment.php

Change of POETS said:
This is ridiculous. He's being treaed like a murderer over some stupid misunderstanding.

How is shooting someone a misunderstanding?

YKW said:
How is shooting someone a misunderstanding?

I meant the fact that he's still locked up over the deportation ruling, after he's already served his time for the shooting.

It's like they locked him up for the same crime twice. I call that a misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Change of POETS

They just being petty. It ain't no misunderstanding. It's just being pathetic.

Abyyss said:
They just being petty. It ain't no misunderstanding. It's just being pathetic.

That's the truth. They'd rather take down a famous black man than go capture the countless murderer's and rapist on the streets...:rolleyes:

That's really pathetic. I hate law enforcement...

Man Slick Rick is the Shit!

This is alittle of the topic but when i was a youngin i got locked up for stealing one of his CD's....(talk about a big fan) i didn't have the loot at the time and wanted to hear his shit bad ....this is before all the burners were in full effect and file sharing. I know it was a stupid crime but that's love for that cat...lol
Yeah the whole situation is F'd up. This cat is getting thrown under the bus over an over again.. With any good fortune though he'll be back in action more sooner than Later....good trend by the way Abyss ...Bump Dat

Peace Love Respect,

Ya Boy Kevlar

Alot of you cats ain't gonna feel this but:
Slick Rick should have applied for citizenship a long time ago, that way he wouldn't be dealing with what he is dealing with now. Especially being here since he was 11 years old, if he wasn't feeling this country enough to become a citizen, he should have bounced and did his thing from Europe. Don't get me wrong, I'm an Old hip hop head and I think Slick Rick helped paved the way and brought his own swing. (Much Props....) However, the Constitution applies to U.S. Citizens.....I can give examples of stories that I have came across covering Immigration cases U.S. wide.
It's more like, "If you're allowed here to live, you must act accordingly."
Or if you allow guest to come to your house, if they start breaking shit, they gotta go..
Now if Rick was wrongly accused, thats another thing, I ain't with that type Sh*t!!!!
But hopefully things will work out either way for him, and he and his Family can move on. Shoot, maybe he can even spit some new sh*t talking about his experiences the past couple of years.
Much Luv to Rick! I don't want to get caught up in allowing Fame/Recognition to over shadow how I feel about something. I just call it as I see it, regardless of who it is!

One Love

Trizza

the concern with the Slick Rick case is this

for whatever wrong he's done he paid his dues as stated above ,5yrs
he's only a victim of 9-11 and

>>>However, the Constitution applies to U.S. Citizens.....

not quite
the constitution applies to whomever has to face the judge , if you are an immigrants then after the judicial system you'll deal with the immigration people

L'espion, I apologize about the Constitution statement you are correct.

I am at work, so I will indulge on this subject a bit later. I feel for Rick, and a host of others caught up in the system. But I will elaborate more later, because facts need to be addressed. Not for the sake of someone because we "Like them"...The same rule applies to everyone! Rick isn't the only one going through what he is going through. I have to partners who have gotten deported, so I have looked into this thing...

I'll holler though

One Love

Trizza

Back