Reggatone

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I may have spelled it wrong!
But is anyone getting down with the "reggatone" sound.........I know it's been huge in Boston, Miami, and New York, (and others) for the past year. And it has crossed over into "Crunk Callabos" and other Hiphop and R&B cuts.......I guess it would take for you to be near a Latin community to really peep it, but I think it's hot and quite interesting......
BTW If none of y'all been to a Reggatone Party..........If I start to tell you things that go on there, "You'll Bug ! ! !

trust me i'm not hating but........
i've been down with reggaeton since 1997, and my problem is the beat has not changed, someone will say that dance hall has not changed its beat since i don't know shabba but reggaeton seems to sound the same regardless of whom rocking the mic.

now mix with Go-Go now that's some isht i gotta hear, gotta try to get someone to send me a copy.

Have you heard Tego Calderon's underground stuff? I think he is very different from the rest. He's like the Biggie of Reggatone..........I was just watching a program on T.V. saying how Reggatone, the Gangsta Reggatone, is causing problems in Dom Rep and Puerto Rico. Violence is on the uprise and it is changing street culture. (i.e. Gang involvment, drive-bys, increased drug activity, etc........) Not to say that they never had any of these issues, but the program was saying how they see an increase because people are trying to live what they hear. I guess it is like what happened here, when "Crack hit the streets", Gangsta rap was invented, and we've been dying every since.........

You All Need A Reggaeton Lesson!!!

"Reggaeton es el alma de los latinos en el barrio, la musica habla de nuestras movidas."

Man reggaeton has been poppin since ya'll been youths. This thing dates back to early 90's and ting. Look, I just read one of ya'll say reggaeton is starting an uproar in communities in Latin America. Nah duke, we been dunn havin war on the streets since we invented crips and bloods. You guys need to do your homework. And if you say "Tego Calderon" is the Biggie of reggaeton than maybe your right. But "Vico-C" is more like the Tupac and also the greatest latin reggaeton/rapper to have ever lived. If you wanna hear Vico-C just download his ish. Or else try searching his name through google or something. I'm not gonna post the link, cuz if ya'll are really interested you'll check it. Be real... This is gonna last a long time. It's are vibe in Latin America.

This is what I read one critic say about him...

"It is impossible to talk about Latin Rap and not mention Vico C. One of the pioneers of a movement on the rise, he has managed to be a relevant artist in Latin music since the beginning of his career. His latest release, En Honor a la Verdad, continues his trend of groundbreaking art on the cutting edge of innovation and invention. Truly a reminder of why Vico C has earned the name “El Filosofo del Rap" (The philosopher of rap)..."

Keep it gully my nuccas...

By the way that picture is him...

His best song to me would probably be "Aquel Que Habia Muerto".
& "El Bueno, El Malo, Y El Feo". (Hell I'll Post The Links)

He has a very interesting story about his life. To sum it up basically... He used to gang bang, and than he started rapping (he's from puerto rico), and than he started talkin like any other rapper (guns, drugs), etc. He eventually got into a car accident one day (I think he was high). & he was paralized. Doctors said he would never move a body part again. This monk came secretly to see him and took him out of the hospital. & took him to a remote location at like a temple. & no one heard of him for like 6 years. Like A Tupac move, but way before pac died. & Than he came back in like 1999 with his cd "Aquel Que Habia Muerto" (He Who Was Dead). The first anyone saw or heard of him or his release was when his video aired live. The camera was on a casket, and than it showed him standing and moving. When I saw it and seen the title at the beginning of the video I thought it was a mistake, than when I saw him and moving I flipped!!!. He now raps about life & God. He is against violence and will lead a new wave of rap into the future. The funny thing is that most of his listeners before he vanished, were gangsters and murderers, etc. But when he came back it was surprising the same people that pumped his music before would blast it on the streets even though he was talking about God and good things in life. I used to see latin gangbangers tatted head to foot bangin his ish wit no fear. He changed a lot of people and minds. Ya'll should definitely peep him. Dude is the ish. Two time Grammy award winner by the way...

By the way on another side of this topic... I heard that his new album just got screwed up on the studio pc from some hardware problem. This is a cause for us all to back things up regularly. My goodness... I hope he gets it back.

Attachments

• cdvicoc_enhonoralaverdad.jpg
    cdvicoc_enhonoralaverdad.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 26
I'm from Mexico (Veracruz) and reggaeton has been popular down there for years... I can't even remember the 1st time I heard it.... for a long time, thats all you'd here at the discos (clubs)...

Yeah, thanks for the lesson! I take it you're Latino?
We were giving reggaeton props............Maybe it was around for 10,20,30,or even 50 years, but it's mainstream now and more available to everyone.Don't be to offensive "Duke", we big up all forms of hiphop in here............
BTW I don't think I was even close to being a youth in the 90's (I wish...)
And it is a fact that D.R. and Puerto Rico's crime/violence is higher than ever. I know Law Enforcement in both countries.........Tego's music is not even allowed on radio in D.R. <------------Why is that?

Back