R&B joint I'm working on

chalin27

Working with a new Soul artists. Putting an LP together for him this is the first track we have worked on it's incomplete right now there's a spot for a rap verse around 1:36 then his second verse comes in around 2:19. Just let me know what you guys think of the mix of the track. I also am still perfecting mastering skills too so any feed back on that would be appreciated

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/hotsounds.htm

Song is called The Storm (seems like everyone I make a beat for wants to call there joint the storm haha

Not bad...............From what I gather you 're still piecing the song together. I would love to hear the final product. But so far, I'm feeling your concept.... (Not crazy about the vocalist, but my focus was the production anway!)
But Keep it banging!

Thanks man it's just about finished now we worked on it again this past weekend and we re tracked all the vocals. Still need that rhyme part

That dude singing got skills. He kinda got that Gerald Levert vibe goin on with his own style too. He can sing!

Beat is tight. I just thought on the hook, there's too much instruments in the background sounds kinda all over..but I don't know, maybe its just me. LOL

real nice beat.. and a real nice song..keep up the good work..and put the finishing touches on it

I listened again and dude has a John Legend type sound........(I'm just not a fan of Mr Legend, but like I said before Nice Production so far.)
Keep it banging!

the vocals sound dry ass hell you gotta put some reverb or some delay on them and the vocal dub is too loud it sould pushed behind in the mix alittle bit and on certain parts of the song it sounds like the voclas clip a little... and the vocals need alitle "eq"ing on the chours they sound harsh to me

matic said:
the vocals sound dry ass hell you gotta put some reverb or some delay on them and the vocal dub is too loud it sould pushed behind in the mix alittle bit and on certain parts of the song it sounds like the voclas clip a little... and the vocals need alitle "eq"ing on the chours they sound harsh to me
Thanks this is really the kind of feedback I was looking for. We have retracked it I have'nt put it up yet until I get the final parts of the song done. Thanks for the feed back.

Yeah the vocalist has a John Legend v.s. Carl Thomas thing going on. The track is dope. But for some reason it doesn't sound like the song was written to the beat. Like he took a song that he'd previously written and just laid it to to track. Or maybe vise versa ( a remix feel rather than a orignal cut).

You gonna spit on this? that may gel it cuz the beat is more hip hop than RnB

really dig the track, keep bringin' it cuzzin

If you want some real feed back on the production element of the song rather than the performace, post the song in the mp3 mixing clinic

Back