New Outkast Remix

What song is that? I've never heard that. your track fits it perfectly. I would've figure yours was the original if you hadn't posted it as a remix. I especially like how it blends in with Sleepy's singing

Tight...

If I had heard this somewhere I would've thought it was just a OUTKAST song.

Never heard the original though...

How are you matching your beats to your acapellas? Only way I can think to do it is with Cool Edit or Sonar... It's something i've always wanted to do but the tempo matching and lining it up and all just throws me.

Lazi,

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I've been working with acapellas nonstop for the last few weeks so here's some things you might want to try.

First, I would advise you to get ACID if you don't already have it. Even the free version could be used, although it obviously will lack some features. You could just as well use Sonar if you're more comfortable with that (I'm not sure on it's looping features though).

1. If you have ACID you could just use the BeatMapper function, although it's not always accurate depending on what info you give it. If not then....

2. Just import the acapella into the program and then get a very simple 2 or 4 bar drum loop (1 and 3 on the kick, 2 and 4 on the snare and straight 1/8s on the hi-hat). Now you're going to have to find a downbeat (1 as in 1,2,3,4)in the acapella. Easiest place is usually at the beginning of the hook. Line your loop up with the downbeat and then play with the tempo until it feels right.

3. If you have the original version of the song you could just create a loop (4 or 8 bar) of the original song in a wav editor. Import the loop into a sampler and play it along side a simple drum loop from your sequencer and play with the tempo until they match up.

Just some ideas for you to try, hope this helps.

Stray

Dog look at the screen name... That's too much for me....:D

Naw for real though... I'm just a hardware cat. I dislike tempo tapping for some reason so I kinda figured I could just snag a tempo using ACID but beatmapper (and wave writing) crashes my program and I can't find the disk to reload it. That would get me my tempo but then i'd have to dump it to the 1680 and line it up there. None of it's hard to do but time consuming.

Thing really is I only kinda wanna remix some songs. Wait...

Damn That's a good ass idea though... I should've though about that before. Hell yeah... Now I actually wanna remix some shit. I should be upping something in a few.

Bet that...

Yo' soundMAN, I wanna' audience some of your ORIGINAL flow!!!

Hit me off with 1 of your links!!!

I HEARD about you!! :cool:

Thx!

YO MR.Q I DONT FLOW IJUST WROTE A COUPLE IN THE POETRY THREAD AND DID ONE AUDIO IN MY WHOLE LIFE. mY MAIN FOCUS IS THE BEATS.

lAZI THERE IS A FREE PC PROGRAM CALLED DJBPM THAT I USE. i JUST MATCH THE ACCAPELLA UP TO A CLICK TRACK OR METRONOME THEN BUILD MY BEAT AROUND IT MATCH THE CHORUS SEPERATLEY FROM THE VERSE BECAUSE A LOT OF TIME THE TIME CHANGES ON THEM BY A FRACTION SOME TIMES. i MAKE THE VERS BEATS AND DUPLICATE THEM THEN GO TO EACH ONE AND TRY TO CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT IT SUDDELY. THEN GO MAKE THE CHORUS.....YEA YOU RIGHT THIS IS TO MUCH WORK

^ LOL... Damn I got sleepy just reading all that....

I missed this post somehow... Thanks for the info on the software...

I got this one acapella by MAX MINELLI I might do something to if I can ever remember to put the cd in my damn bag.

Maybe the collabo cats will make it easy on us and have the acapella chopped to start dead smack +1 measure with a very easy tempo (hint ;) ).

DJ BPM... Bet... Peace...

Back