my rap home setup

Re: Mic Pre

metaphizics said:
It has been about a couple of years since I have been on this board, but I miss it here.

U registered on Dec 2002 - that means u been away about 5 months.

(still too long for any homerec'cer!)

originally posted by cooljohn
Mic - AKGC3000B, Blue Baby Bottle, Rode NTK
Soundcard - Echo Layla
Midi Interface - Steinberg MIDEX 8X8
Computer - g4 tower, with 3 external SCSI hard drives, and 2 burners
Software - Cubase 5, Logic Audio, Cool Edit, CD Architect
*various plug-ins*
Synth- Korg Karma
Sampler/Sequencer- MPC 2000 with effects board
Sound Module- Roland 3080
Monitors- MackieHR824
Headphones- 2 pairs of Sony MDRV900s
Accessories- mic stand, popper stopper, windscreen, power conditioner, room treatment, racks, desk

god damn! that's going to be a nice setup. as for the pre, i hear great things about the grace 101. as for the mixer i have a mackie 1202 and it is good, you could even use the pre's in the mackie to change up the color in your sound. the mackie pre's aren't as good as the grace but since you might have it, it's pre's would be helpfull. the mackie's pre's are transparent.

You're right

I joined about five months ago but I haven't been active for a few years. Been workin on my beats and just woodshedding my producing. I found tons of help here though.

SPINSTERWUN said:
What is your budget, Cool John?

im guessing youre referring to my mic pre, because thats what im still debating on?

id like to spend less than $1000 on the mic pre

btw, does anyone know of any good compression *Plug ins*?

oh yeah, do we

originally posted by cooljohn
btw, does anyone know of any good compression *Plug ins*?

spin, i'll leave you the honors, because you do it sooo well.:D

whoa

originally posted by cool john
what the rape was that about

i was just askin spinster 1 to hook you up with some good links. spin always does a good job when it comes to hooking people up with links, plus i know he loves to introduce people to the world of wave plugins.

Re: whoa

jugalo180 said:
originally posted by cool john

i was just askin spinster 1 to hook you up with some good links. spin always does a good job when it comes to hooking people up with links, plus i know he loves to introduce people to the world of wave plugins.

ahh, lol, didnt know there was someone named spinster on here, im new still....cool shit

I am curious about the compressor plug-ins myself. Looks like your well on your way to some decent gear. The Blue Baby Bottle mic..Have you or anyone used one of those for kicking raps..I got an apex and its not bad but I was looking into the three mics on your list. The only one I haven't heard much about was the BBB..

The Grace 101 is a good mic pre...I am getting one of those pieces shortly..

Altruist said:
The Blue Baby Bottle mic..Have you or anyone used one of those for kicking raps..I got an apex and its not bad but I was looking into the three mics on your list. The only one I haven't heard much about was the BBB..

the guy who was on this thread a little earlier, MOESES, he owns a BBB, you can PM or just post here if you have a question he might see it

Re: Re: my rap home setup

soundboy said:
Me personally i would just wait until june 16 and come rob you if i knew where you stayed but since i dont i'll just pass you on to the next guy. good luck

ONLY 11 DAYS LEFT...NOW WHERE DID I LEAVE MY LOCK PICKING KIT AND NIGHT VISION GOOGLES...HAS ANYONE SEEN MY .44 BULLDOG WITH THE SCOPE ON IT

Back