My Album Cover... Thought I'd share....

you got to be kidding me

originally posted by change of poets
See, this is why I never gave my opinion in the first place.

This is what I hate most about our Hip-Hop cultere. Everyone is on the defense. It's all about who's iller... too much pride. Pride is a downfall.

When you're ready to converse like a grown man, as LAZI and I are doing, I'll give you a warranted and thoughtful response. Until then, cest la vie..
you have to understand that I'm the opposite of you. I saw the other album covers posted in here. With the Hum-V's, the houses, and the Iced out lettering...... that's hipocritical and pathetic to me.

man, you came up in here disrespecting me like that, and then out of the same mouth wanna talk about conversing like a grown man. you just contradicted yourself too many times for me. you are not even on a level mature enough to realise that YOU are the one without reason here.

Shit, everyone at each others throats here.

First things first - I quite like the covers, not really too big on the text though.

Now to business (and hopefully to make some peace here as well)

The cover you were refering to was jugalo's I think. That wasn't a set cover or anything - he was just experimenting. Though his cover would probably be similar to that because that's his style - he likes to work on a sort of slanted reality.

I agree with you on not compromising to get signed and I like stuff that makes me think but I don't think you can discard others peoples' shit. Everyone's style is different and having a good feel for a variety is always an advantage.

Being british the culture isn't that big an impact and I tend to wear what I like to wear anyway. But clothes to be honest don't mean shit. I used to be quite materialistic but quite recently I've just stopped giving a fuck but to those it is important I can still sympathise/empathise/understand and I will still support them. It's like cha told me "just do you".

I like a lot of your stuff, I think I commented before (I think you should finish that suicide one, BTW).

It's not a good idea to talk about ice, whatever and stuff by other members being unoriginal when you're new because you need to build a friendship, etc. first. Tact is also a good idea (don't take this out as a complete diss - I'm normally one of the peace-makers round here). Jugalo was offended because basically you called him fake and cheesy and if you listened to his music and got to know him you'd see this isn't the case. Believe me he ain't fake he has his soul into this.

Everyone has their own story to tell. That's why people rap.

*note that my last post i started typing about 5/6 posts back so it is out of date - it has missed out on the "conversation" so don't judge it by that*

I don't know if ya mean it like what it's coming out like but it does look like you're dissing jug for no reason.

look man

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw the other album covers posted in here. With the Hum-V's, the houses, and the Iced out lettering...... that's hipocritical and pathetic to me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
I wear the clothes I love, I wear my platinum chains and watch... but what I despise is the "focus" on it. The message that money is everything, when it's not. There is much more to life than obtaining status through "Ice". It doesn't last, and it's frivolous...

Nah, I don't wear them daily... only for shows or performances. It's not the "focus" though. That's my point dogg.

Okay... see if you can feel me on this. If I do an entire album based on knowledge and truth (my opinion ) and put an Escalade on Dubz on the cover... I contradict my message in the music... That's a contradiction.

Wearing a Carolina blue Phat Farm suit with a platinum chain isn't. It's a "part" of who I am, but not the focus

man, you need to make up your mind. to me it sounds like you are confused. is your cd about finding yourself? if so, it will definitely be convincing.

thanks man

originally posted by abyyss
It's not a good idea to talk about ice, whatever and stuff by other members being unoriginal when you're new because you need to build a friendship, etc. first. Tact is also a good idea (don't take this out as a complete diss - I'm normally one of the peace-makers round here). Jugalo was offended because basically you called him fake and cheesy

thanks abyyss, yeah, that was my artwork that he was so misunderstangly referring to.:( . you hit it on the nail with your post abyyss. i'm about to spend some time with my six month old son before i head out for kuwait tomorrow, so i'm going to leave this thread alone for now

That's funny cuz I have, or at least had all those cd's plus some more... Some of that shit just sounded bad and was really not interesting at all... Some of those cats really can't ryhme and use big words but don't say shit. Beats all off... Some complaining and whining about shit they aren't even trying to change. Pussy shit labeled art... When matched up with a cat putting his balls on the line it doesn't even compare to me. Not even a popularity contest in my mind...

But check...

I can go from QUASIMOTO to TOO SHORT and it would'nt bother me none. KNOWDAVERBS to C-LOC... PASTOR TROY to JURASSIC 5...NELLY to NINE.. MAX MINNELI to LA THE DARKMAN... KOOL KEITH to HOT BOYS... WITCHDOCTOR to CELLA DWELLAS... OUTSIDAZ to LIL FLIP... INSPECTAH DECK to FEIND... AFRU-RA to GANSTA PAT... DMX to TRU... I got shit u never heard of and would never even listen to simply becuase it's got diamond letters and south in the titles.

But that's me flipping through one of my cd books... Everything I listed was sitting right next to the other... Unorganized as hell but all have had a spin... LOL... But my mind is far from watered down with bullshit like you may think if you see me at the light banging GHETTO DOPE... You wont see me banging QUASIMOTO cuz his shit don't bang hard and I don't need fools pulling up next to me hearing chirps and squeaks like "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS FOOL". LOL.... I might get myself hurt like that...

I may be a rare breed (remember that cd) but not so rare as you may think. I'd think your makert is bigger than you even think but your afraid your goals will loose perspective. Who isn't? But we still gotta learn and grow... If your know about being gutter then you know how filthy things can get. You also know you don't have to go there. Same thing applies to the music from what i've seen. I remeber a comment made about my song I postedd and it being about cars and hoes... I laughed becuase dude saw what he wanted to see. My songs was about the simple things in life that make you feel good. Your cars,wife, house, kids, dogs, all make you feel good. Knock you for doning a song about it.. Not me... CASH MONEY can get all that shit they had on the covers... I call that wishful thinking (LOL)....

Do me a favor and listen to that song "WHAT U GONE DO" I posted. I stated that cats like you probably wouldn't like it. Fact is shit's real even if you don't like the subject matter or the approach...

And...

JUG is probably so hot because your views are kinda how cats look at the south but they really haven'ta clue. I promise JUVENILE had more to say on 400 DEGREES than 80% of the shit I got. Including a lot of "save hiphop cats". He in fact was artistic in his approach and he said the shit in plain dirt south english minus the big words. He also including some shit for the club... These is entertaiment still ya know? I know you gotta be like what the hell is dude talking about but go back up and read my list of shit and tell me if you can say your head is open like that.

Man I gotta bail... Peace...

Re: you got to be kidding me

jugalo180 said:
originally posted by change of poets originally posted by change of poets

man, you came up in here disrespecting me like that, and then out of the same mouth wanna talk about conversing like a grown man. you just contradicted yourself too many times for me. you are not even on a level mature enough to realise that YOU are the one without reason here.

Seriously man, you don't understand that I wasn't dissing you because of your cover art. Look at what I said, what you've quoted from me 3 or 4 times now...

that's hipocritical and pathetic to me...

To me, me, me, me, me, and me. Not YOU.

You know the old cliche, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Well the sad fact is, that everyone does. Does it make it right? Not at all... Am I guilty of it? Absolutely. Are you? Absolutely. We all do, or have done it... the point is, do we continue to do it? I try my best not to.

Let me explain why I think those types of images on a cover are hipocritical and pathetic to me.

1. Do you have a Hum-V?
2. Is that your home?
3. Do you have the ice and money the cover portrays?

If not, then I consider you a hipocrite. Because your selling an image you don't even have.

If not, then i consider it pathetic. Because your selling an image you want, but don't obtain, and are pushing that image on the people who are purchasing your album. When someone picks up that album they think, "Yo, this cat Jug got it on lock... the Cars, the house, the ice... that's phat." No, that's pathetic, because you just blatently lied to the public, because that's not really you.

I'm sorry I offended you homie, it wasn't my intention at all. I didn't even know who's cover I was referring to. Like I said... it's hipocritical and pathetic to me. Obviously it's not to you... so be you. Regardless of what I may think. I'll just remember next time, that even as a grown man, I don't have the right to voice my opinion on this forum, until I've made sure the other members like me.

BTW, I've heard some of your music, and it's deeper than all this stuff we been badgering about. So why sell yourself short with a cover like that? It says your all about materialistics, and clearly you're not like that. So again I ask... why sell yourself short?

Abyyss said:
Shit, everyone at each others throats here.

Trust me, it wasn't intended, and there's no beef on my side. I can't speak for jug.

First things first - I quite like the covers, not really too big on the text though.

Thanks for the crit. ;)

Now to business (and hopefully to make some peace here as well)

The cover you were refering to was jugalo's I think. That wasn't a set cover or anything - he was just experimenting. Though his cover would probably be similar to that because that's his style - he likes to work on a sort of slanted reality.

I agree with you on not compromising to get signed and I like stuff that makes me think but I don't think you can discard others peoples' shit. Everyone's style is different and having a good feel for a variety is always an advantage.

I don't mean to discard other people's work. I respect the art, I really do. I especially enjoy the beats... I just despise the false message that some of them portray.

Being british the culture isn't that big an impact and I tend to wear what I like to wear anyway. But clothes to be honest don't mean shit. I used to be quite materialistic but quite recently I've just stopped giving a fuck but to those it is important I can still sympathise/empathise/understand and I will still support them. It's like cha told me "just do you".

I couldn't agree more dogg. I always do me... I don't usually follow fashion trends, mostly because I can't afford to...lol.. but, I wear what I'm comfy in, and that so happens to be oversized baggy clothing. :D

I like a lot of your stuff, I think I commented before (I think you should finish that suicide one, BTW).

Thanks... but that track probably won't get finished. It's supposed to be a collabo with some heads I know... they're being madd lazy about it too. So, we'll see what happens.

It's not a good idea to talk about ice, whatever and stuff by other members being unoriginal when you're new because you need to build a friendship, etc. first. Tact is also a good idea (don't take this out as a complete diss - I'm normally one of the peace-makers round here). Jugalo was offended because basically you called him fake and cheesy and if you listened to his music and got to know him you'd see this isn't the case. Believe me he ain't fake he has his soul into this.

Like I said, it wasn't my intention to offend. I didn't even know who the cover belonged to. But I'll remember from now on, my opinion isn't welcome here like it is on other hip-hop boards. I'll obstain from it in the future, until ya'll get to know me better.

Everyone has their own story to tell. That's why people rap.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

My whole point in this is, do you rap the truth? Or do you portray yourself in your music as something you truly aren't?

LAZI said:
That's funny cuz I have, or at least had all those cd's plus some more... Some of that shit just sounded bad and was really not interesting at all... Some of those cats really can't ryhme and use big words but don't say shit. Beats all off... Some complaining and whining about shit they aren't even trying to change. Pussy shit labeled art... When matched up with a cat putting his balls on the line it doesn't even compare to me. Not even a popularity contest in my mind...

This I don't agree with. This is where we can tell how our prefferences are different in music. I like Aesop, but only cuz I feel him on certain things. He's not a very "ill" emcee though. His wordplay sucks, and he has horrible production, but his content is dope to me.

But out of the few cats I listed... I feel 4th Avenue the most... Ahmad is dope, nuff said...lol.. his voice, his flow is prestine and polished, and he speaks truth, from the heart. I feel that.

But check...

I can go from QUASIMOTO to TOO SHORT and it would'nt bother me none. KNOWDAVERBS to C-LOC... PASTOR TROY to JURASSIC 5...NELLY to NINE.. MAX MINNELI to LA THE DARKMAN... KOOL KEITH to HOT BOYS... WITCHDOCTOR to CELLA DWELLAS... OUTSIDAZ to LIL FLIP... INSPECTAH DECK to FEIND... AFRU-RA to GANSTA PAT... DMX to TRU... I got shit u never heard of and would never even listen to simply becuase it's got diamond letters and south in the titles.

I've got a gang of those albums too. I "used" to listen, and create, nothing but mainstream style music. I'll even listen to some of the newer stuff now, just to get a vibe for what mainstream is doing... But you're right on one aspect, some of it, I wouldn't even bother to listen to. But not because of the word "South". I love Outkast, and they from the dirty. I like "Nappy Roots" too. Some of the south stuff I like... but I dislike the Sound of Cash money, and No Limit, and when I see a cover of an album that looks similar to their stuff, I disregard it immediately. I've probably missed out on some good music because of that but, I've wasted soo much $$ on some of it, that I won't dare do it again.

But that's me flipping through one of my cd books... Everything I listed was sitting right next to the other... Unorganized as hell but all have had a spin... LOL... But my mind is far from watered down with bullshit like you may think if you see me at the light banging GHETTO DOPE... You wont see me banging QUASIMOTO cuz his shit don't bang hard and I don't need fools pulling up next to me hearing chirps and squeaks like "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS FOOL". LOL.... I might get myself hurt like that...

I'd hate to live where you live then...lol.. It's a different atmosphere up here. I used to live in Detroit, right off 5-Mile road. Even in the hood, you could bump whatever you wanted... still can. I'm sorry you don't have that freedom.

I may be a rare breed (remember that cd) but not so rare as you may think. I'd think your makert is bigger than you even think but your afraid your goals will loose perspective. Who isn't? But we still gotta learn and grow... If your know about being gutter then you know how filthy things can get. You also know you don't have to go there. Same thing applies to the music from what i've seen. I remeber a comment made about my song I postedd and it being about cars and hoes... I laughed becuase dude saw what he wanted to see. My songs was about the simple things in life that make you feel good. Your cars,wife, house, kids, dogs, all make you feel good. Knock you for doning a song about it.. Not me... CASH MONEY can get all that shit they had on the covers... I call that wishful thinking (LOL)....

I think you're right here. I haven't set my goals too high, because even though I've been told I have the talent to make it big, I don't really think I do. I'm not sure why... I'm just not overly confident in my skills. You right about Cash money though, they can get that stuff now...lol..

Do me a favor and listen to that song "WHAT U GONE DO" I posted. I stated that cats like you probably wouldn't like it. Fact is shit's real even if you don't like the subject matter or the approach...

I'll mos def peep it homie. I'll look below the surface as well ;)

And...

JUG is probably so hot because your views are kinda how cats look at the south but they really haven'ta clue. I promise JUVENILE had more to say on 400 DEGREES than 80% of the shit I got. Including a lot of "save hiphop cats". He in fact was artistic in his approach and he said the shit in plain dirt south english minus the big words. He also including some shit for the club... These is entertaiment still ya know? I know you gotta be like what the hell is dude talking about but go back up and read my list of shit and tell me if you can say your head is open like that.

Man I gotta bail... Peace...

I have that album (400 Degrees) but I only listened to it once. I couldn't stand his voice...lol... I guess I've just turned away from the entertainment side of music in the last 3 years or so. I'm so focussed on the message, that I don't just "have fun" on tracks anymore. Kinda sad huh?

But yes, my head is open like that. I have a diverse arrangement of albums as well. I've even got some Turkish hip-hop that would prolly bug you out...lol... but I see where you coming from fa sho.

Anyway... what about those beats ;)

Like I said, it wasn't my intention to offend. I didn't even know who the cover belonged to. But I'll remember from now on, my opinion isn't welcome here like it is on other hip-hop boards. I'll obstain from it in the future, until ya'll get to know me better.

C'mon man... You can just about say whatever you want here... Just don't expect to come off it easy. What you said mos def would be taken as offensive to anybody with common sense. I understand you just stated your opinion but your choice of words said whole alot. The statement didn't give any consideration to the artist or culture and showed you had strong feeling towards any persons who would choose that form of expression. Expect a strong responce... Just like what you got... I did... Peep my statement about the thread going sour.

I'd hate to live where you live then...lol.. It's a different atmosphere up here. I used to live in Detroit, right off 5-Mile road. Even in the hood, you could bump whatever you wanted... still can. I'm sorry you don't have that freedom.

LOL... I was just joking... I'd shred any fool with a stop light beef. Really my point was that some of that shit just don't bang. Where i'm at most of the year cats can roll with your windows down and if you got it, let it hump. Like BIG BOI said "As long as it's that BOOM followed by that TIT"... It's just kinda hard for me to listen to some of that stuff and enjoy a drive around the block. Most of those cd's i'd put in the deck if i was going to be doing 2+ hours on the road. Kinda gives me a chance to really look at what points they are trying to make. The best shit i've heard in the ride lately was BOOT CAMP'S GREATEST HITS though...

Anyways...

Peace...

By the way...

Anybody remember CZAR's album cover thread?

I think I got on the target bullshit then to... LOL...

That one turned into a mess to cuz his ass thought he was the shit...

But out of the few cats I listed... I feel 4th Avenue the most... Ahmad is dope, nuff said...lol.. his voice, his flow is prestine and polished, and he speaks truth, from the heart. I feel that.

I for real feel you on that...
"...fiends payin in pennies/millionaires get u if u get caught sliipin/but its cold in killa cali dont mess around and get frost-bitten..."

Back