Was music taught in your school?

REEK BROCK

MR. LAST WORD
Nowadays music isnt taught in school as much as it was in the 80s. I think this explains what direction music has gone into. The simplicity I think is a result of people doing what they know. The software has made it easier to get involved and I think as time goes by the music will get more complex as we all learn more and share knowledge with each other. The cream will rise to the top.

Last edited:
Last time I took music in "school" was the sixth grade where I played the snare drum from 4 years before that. there I learned about measures, bars or what not...then I put the sticks down for some football pads....and here i am lol.......PS if you call piano lessons scholl then yea

Yes, I took music from 5th grade through 9th grade. Played trumpet, drums, and I can play a little bit of guitar. I'd really like to take guitar lessons, and learn how to play for real... I could make some sick beats with live guitar and midi everything else.

they had music at my school, but it was just an old lady rambling on about the beatles for half an hour a day. they didn't teach us any music theory or anything

There was a music program at the elementary school I went to in the inner city, but it was pretty weak. Instead of snare drums, they had some sort of toms and couldn’t even afford stands…them shits just sat on the floor with a paper towel over the top head. I played recorder for a couple years.

The high school I went to was in the burbs and had a really good program. I started drums/percussion in 5th grade and played all through school…but had to take private lessons to learn anything besides the very basics. I took a theory class in school, but tried to skip it as much as possible cause they made us sing and I wasn’t having that.

Honestly though, very little of what I learned is beneficial to what I do now.

damn..i never did anything with music back in the day..besides bootleggin..lol..just just playin..i did that about 7-8 yers ago..right before i got into makin beats..

i wish i would have did somethin wit musi growin up..oh well..life goes on..hell have of the major producers dont know how to play any insruments...

Back