the flow, the talent
but my vocals lack
my song construction sucks
,,,i need stronger vocals
if anybody has any techniques
help me out

and i'm looking to upload music from a zip drive
any tips on that would help to.

If you have some samples of your stuff we can hear, that would probably help alot...

What kind of equipment are you recording with? (Mics, Pres, etc...) Stand-Alone, PC, MAC?

Vocal techniques

I have some tracks that i've recorded at home w/ pro tools and the mbox. I have waves diamond 5.0. but i dont know when and where to really use them. My tracks sound okay but its truly lacking would anybody be willing to listen to a song and make some suggestions. Our lyrics and hooks are tight. its just the quality that lacks. the lead vocals dont sound as strong as i want them to, until i double the track completely as opposed to pro studios where i'd take one track to do my verse and another track to backup some of the words(not all)like i gotta do at home.

More than often the answer to this is compression. The lower parts of your vocal really doesn't come out cause it's overtaken by the louder parts. With a compressor you make them fit more together, so that you'll hear the lower parts as well as the louder parts. Compression and EQ'ing will probably do some good. The EQ will help you get rid of low end rumble and such. When recording directly from a mic often there's some low frequencies that sneaks in as well. You might as well cut them out because they're no good, the freqs will steal space from the other instruments and make it muddy. There's lots of tutorials out there on the net if you just search for them.

Back