A LIL Something

50cal

I parted ways with an artist had about12 out of 14 songs complete spent roughley $8,000-$9,000....a gift from me to you...3 free songs to download,produced by Raw steel who sells beats for aliving MC eiht,mc ren.gangsta,c-bo,yukmouth etc etc.....I aint trying to sell nothing or promote nothing just didnt want some good music going to waste..these 3 songs cost me roughley $1800..a gift from me to you

http://www.myspace.com/619mean

RafagasMusic said:
yo let me know if you down to spit on this westcoast banga! i'll hook you up with it no charge..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=673622&songID=5231604
I aint the rapper he is the one I parted ways with....Its tough out here cause so many are banged out that music dont take a front seat,besides me waiting while he beat his attempted murder case out here after 12 songs completed..him catching another murder case in vegas wich they had nothing on him...I just felt he had all the time in the world to do everything except what he was suppose to be doing..I know alot of tight rappers and its the same old song and dance...they have all the talent in the world but dont have that same hunger to promote their careers....homie he had meetings..before he got arrested one of the outlaws was gonna bring him with him to a meeting with interscope..or capitol...etc etc..but he is far from the tightest artist i work with...moral of the story being a talented rapper aint even half the game..

RafagasMusic said:
i feel you man..what happened to him though? is he locked up?
naw.. he still do what he do..hes rapping but got his hands in too much others shit..i aint talked to him in aminute

Wasn't really impressed with any of it... Beats were ok, but I feel like that "West Coast" sound is outdated now, and they need to get up with the rest of the game. Dude's flows were just ok, too. He's rushing a lot of sylables to fit bars, his cadence doesn't hold tempo from bar to bar, and his writing is basically your standard gangster ish.

All in all, it's all typical west coast songs.

Change of POETS said:
Wasn't really impressed with any of it... Beats were ok, but I feel like that "West Coast" sound is outdated now, and they need to get up with the rest of the game. Dude's flows were just ok, too. He's rushing a lot of sylables to fit bars, his cadence doesn't hold tempo from bar to bar, and his writing is basically your standard gangster ish.

All in all, it's all typical west coast songs.
none of those beats are new,and i agree his flow is alright.. typical gangsta shit..but as a whole the project was suppose to cater to that market..as far as Westcoast gangsta being oudated...thats another thread in itself..I will say I agree a lil cause truth is as far as making it big you have to sound like whats on the radio...but remeber when Ice t said gangs of L.A dont die just multiply.....there is truth in that so there is a market for it..Me and my personal values are something only gets played out if you was never a true fan from the get go...whether it be clothes etc....Im 37 years old still wear dickies white tees,chucks/k swiss/house shoes...some people ..actually alot of people follow trends and I aint mad at them but some people just do them..saying westcoast rap is played out to me is like someone saying rap is played out and country or rock n roll is where its at...with that I could either follow the trend and not listen to rap and buy rock n roll/country or whatever or listen to what I like...I thought I was gonna keep it short..but in closing...what has hurt rap the most is(In my opinion) is the artists making music to cater to a certain style..Im not saying it shouldnt evolve completely but back in the day every city/ state artist werent playing to the radio..in a sense artists were expressing who they are...now its all..oh I gotta make one for the club/one for the girls/etc..Who Knows I could be wrong..or right but still not a factor in the game..

50cal said:
none of those beats are new,and i agree his flow is alright.. typical gangsta shit..but as a whole the project was suppose to cater to that market..as far as Westcoast gangsta being oudated...thats another thread in itself..I will say I agree a lil cause truth is as far as making it big you have to sound like whats on the radio...but remeber when Ice t said gangs of L.A dont die just multiply.....there is truth in that so there is a market for it..Me and my personal values are something only gets played out if you was never a true fan from the get go...whether it be clothes etc....Im 37 years old still wear dickies white tees,chucks/k swiss/house shoes...some people ..actually alot of people follow trends and I aint mad at them but some people just do them..saying westcoast rap is played out to me is like someone saying rap is played out and country or rock n roll is where its at...with that I could either follow the trend and not listen to rap and buy rock n roll/country or whatever or listen to what I like...I thought I was gonna keep it short..but in closing...what has hurt rap the most is(In my opinion) is the artists making music to cater to a certain style..Im not saying it shouldnt evolve completely but back in the day every city/ state artist werent playing to the radio..in a sense artists were expressing who they are...now its all..oh I gotta make one for the club/one for the girls/etc..Who Knows I could be wrong..or right but still not a factor in the game..

I'm not saying to cater to the market to radio, I'm saying show some growth and expand your sub-genre from 1993. This is the inherant problem with 95% of the West Coast, is they continue to use the 1993 formula defined by Dre and Death Row, to put out music. The main problem being, the content is 100% the same as it was 15 years ago. The beats and rhymes sound exactly the same. Even Dre said in a recent interview, that stuff was played out:

Dr. Dre first mentioned the Detox album to the press around 2000, and since that time various producers and vocalists have contributed with potential tracks.

"I'm not talking about lowriders and blunts and all that anymore. I mean, that's played. As a matter of fact, I'm tired of hearing other people talk about it, to tell you the truth. I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore, so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record through a character's eyes, and everybody that appears on my album is going to be a character, so it's basically going to be a hip-hop musical."

This is my entire point. There hasn't been ANY artistic growth in West Coast rap in over 15 years. Minus the hyphy movement from the bay and Game, everything out of the west has been the same sound for 15 years or so. That's why those artists can't get fans outside of L.A. or get any true recognition by Hip-Hop heads worldwide. People need to experience growth, regardless of the game being the same. Gangs will always be around, I should know... I flagged for 5 years myself. But to say that gangs are the same, so the music is too... is a cop out. People grow and change over time. Ask an OG if his mindframe at 40 is different from when he was 15. If it's not, then that's just sad.

I'm not a fan of Game, cuz I dislike his personality and I think he's a fake. But I can't deny he's making the best music on the West right now, hands down. He brought something new to the table, a twist on the old, with some freshness. Similar content, but with a different approach, over better banging beats... When will the rest of the West Coast wake up? :confused:

I'm not a fan of Game, cuz I dislike his personality and I think he's a fake. But I can't deny he's making the best music on the West right now, hands down
fake as a 3 dollar bill..true....thats another story..but My question is how many times is he gonna say cherry 64...64 impalla...? Hyphy i cant even fade that..too me just another version of crunk...thats another debate.....Dr Dre is pretty hypocritical in those statements...listen to his artists(not all) they talkin the same shit.I agree that you can evolve....but also remember all artsist dont have the same goal....example my goals aint getting on the radio..however have had a few of the songs I have on the radio...still I know the reality that radio is not a concern(Im fully aware of the benefits of this,also aware of reality of getting major spins) anyways I have a few artsist I mess with that are trying to be on that next level...then there are artists who just wanna be regional..and from a business stand point thats where I wanna be....I wanna tap into a niche market and build a loyal following...with the way the game is going getting a big machine behind you is gonna be harder anyways look at sales.Im sure the net and file sharing plays the biggest culprit in this and big labels are scratching there heads...tower records/wherehouse records stores closing....Its my beleif in 10 yearsthe label wont even be a good option for most(most) artists.Thats another thread i will start later....

without knocking anyone's opinion..you see thats whats ugly and wrong about rap musiic and the industry behind it..it is the only music in the world that i have ever encountered that is actually judged based on the artist's personality, backround, hardness, looks, or anyother character in the artist's personal life..and that is just being nice because its not like anyone went and said that they don't like his music because of that, but just dislike his personna..im a young ass kid and don't really remember the NWA days but can def. say this, the entire NWA was FAKE, they have all said it them self, that they were acting to sell records, of course there is no doubt in my mind that they lived in the ghetto but nobody really wants negativity revolving around them 24/7 unless it pays off or sells records..Biggie was FAKE as far as gangster persona, everyone close to him has said he would invent a split personality when he would write, but dude was beyond 99.9% of rappers' storytelling..and personally, the whole Game shit, i honestly think Eminem and Obie Trice are probably about as real as Aftermath can get AND they both have muuuuch more creativity when writing but you're right its been awhile since something fresh and decent came out of the westcoast..

PS do not read this in a heated tone.. :D

50cal said:
Its my beleif in 10 yearsthe label wont even be a good option for most(most) artists.Thats another thread i will start later....

Strong statement. The record label will always have something that indie artists don't have. A big budget. Reality is, if that were to happen, than the whole industry would collapse. Then you just have a million musicians cluttered in a small space that you would have to sift through. Then, what would happen is that all the musicians income would probably decrease sufficiently and then the extinction of paid musicians lol.

Last edited:
Mindset said:
Strong statement. The record label will always have something that indie artists don't have. A big budget. Reality is, if that were to happen, than the whole industry would collapse. Then you just have a million musicians cluttered in a small space that you would have to sift through. Then, what would happen is that all the musicians income would probably decrease sufficiently and then the extinction of paid musicians lol.
Im a start this thread......................sea ya..

RafagasMusic said:
without knocking anyone's opinion..you see thats whats ugly and wrong about rap musiic and the industry behind it..it is the only music in the world that i have ever encountered that is actually judged based on the artist's personality, backround, hardness, looks, or anyother character in the artist's personal life..and that is just being nice because its not like anyone went and said that they don't like his music because of that, but just dislike his personna..im a young ass kid and don't really remember the NWA days but can def. say this, the entire NWA was FAKE, they have all said it them self, that they were acting to sell records, of course there is no doubt in my mind that they lived in the ghetto but nobody really wants negativity revolving around them 24/7 unless it pays off or sells records..Biggie was FAKE as far as gangster persona, everyone close to him has said he would invent a split personality when he would write, but dude was beyond 99.9% of rappers' storytelling..and personally, the whole Game shit, i honestly think Eminem and Obie Trice are probably about as real as Aftermath can get AND they both have muuuuch more creativity when writing but you're right its been awhile since something fresh and decent came out of the westcoast..

PS do not read this in a heated tone.. :D
I agree with what ya saying..its made a mess of the rap scene its more about the persons rep etc....I was just agreeing games a fake..however I cant knock his skills....see I grew up in the area...I know cedar block is basically extinct has been for years..never really was a factor(not that it matters..just interesting facts)..I remember N.W.A before they had an album..hell I rememer Ice cube when he was in the group C.I.A...I used to see king T at lil parties performing...remeber Dr Dre on K.DAY the first 24 hour rap radio station.....remember this out here on the west especially L.A. aint many true beefs if someone had a problem with someone they aint hard to find..and if you are reputable from your set the streets gonna already know..

okay

that was cool mane,,,,it'll get bumped down here
number3 was tight,,1 was to
stat on it hella hard!!!!!!! HELLA HARD!!!!!
IT'LL PAY OFF

Back