Colaborations

NickSpringfield

Alright guys, I'm looking for producers to collab on some beats with me and some rappers to collab on some songs with verses. I'm mainly an east coast type rapper, but I think having some southern shit in with it might be interesting. Especially if the beat is a collab of both styles also. Hit me back. Anyone and everyone is welcome. This could be interesting and come out real good.

-Springfield

I just wanna collab on a track. Any time, it doesn't matter when. If your interested, just let me know for sure and we can set something up. One of your beats or one of mine??? just let me know.

-Springfield

yo

we can decide on the track. do you have a chorus and concept already? i'll leave that up to you. you can post a track and i can post one and we can decide which one we both feel comfortable with. holla back

Well, I got like 1,000 beats. Most of them blow, but I have a few choice winners. If yu want to you my beat then that's cool. And instead of doing a bunch a different tracks, I say that us 4 (the three others who replied) do a track together. I don't have any specific concept for this track or a chorus, but we can assign different aspects to different people. This can be some crazy shit. Get back.

yo flossy

you know i've been waiting to hear what that mpc+motiff has cooked up. post a link nick and flossy to some beats. i'm still trying to break this triton in. i'm so used to dealing with the simplicity of fruity loops, that it has made this hardware thing harder than it should be. this triton has an easy setup, it's just that i'm reaching the point where i'm tired of having to learn new gear. i guess that's the price you have to pay when you don't want to pay someone else to do it for you.

I'll help out too, though my set-up here is crap compared to all of u so I might just have to put my ideas into this. Might be able to get vocals recorded, don't know - I'll have to see. But I'll definately help at least with the creativity.

- Abyyss up in this mutherfucker (holla back).

DamnTasche@yahoo.co.uk

Alright, here's the deal. Whoever wants to contribute th beat, do so by posting in this thread.. if there are numerous posts, we'll decide amongst ourselves which one we'll use. Once we've decided on the beat, we can all start writingg and then e'll continue from there. Get back if ya wanna use your beat.

-Springfield

i think we should make a up a few 2 or 3 man teams. Give each member of each team an element of the beats to be responsible for, just to see what the different groups come up with. I know cats r buzy and couldn't be bothered but.

i'm wondering how complicated that would be , knowing that different folk use different platforms.

but if any cubase vst32 user is interested, we could give it a shot

originally posted by Hi_D_Ho_Man
i think we should make a up a few 2 or 3 man teams. Give each member of each team an element of the beats to be responsible for, just to see what the different groups come up with. I know cats r buzy and couldn't be bothered but.

i want the drums :D. it shouldn't matter what platform we use as long as we keep the exact same tempo, and keep it as the same type of wave file from program to program, example (24bits, 48hz). we can probably have one person that's really good at mixing to mix it down.

here we go

i'm going to take the initiative and say that the beat for both teams should be set at 93bpm.

team 1
jugalo180
?
?

team 2
?
?
?

i got the drum pattern ready for team 1. it's 93 bpm. at 24bits 48hz. just let me know how to sequence it. 8-16-8-16-8-16-12 bars or what. we can probably work a hook off of the melody or work the melody off of the hook. whoever is setting the melody and what ever else for team 1 let me know. if more people want to paricipate we'll increase the teams.

Are we gonna do lyrics too? Cuz that'd be more of my game. But I'll start the second team. So far, it's:

Team One

1. Jugalo

Team Two

1. Springfield

C'mon and sign up and we can get something going here.

Well, i'm open to be drafted and assigned by either team. Note: I'm a simple baslline line lover , so if u want a complicated bassline , u maynot want to assign me to that particular task.

is this going to be done via Email? i got dsl so it wont be a problem for me.

NickSpringfield said:
Are we gonna do lyrics too? Cuz that'd be more of my game. But I'll start the second team. So far, it's:

I think we should. each team member should have to kick a verse, or be resposible for getting the spot filled.

here is an idea

lyrics are a must. that's the meat to the potatoes. that's why i did the 3 man team (3 verses). i vote the subject matter should be your hunger to rhyme. anyone else with an idea?

Team One

1. Jugalo
2. Hi_D_Ho_Man

Team Two

1. Springfield
originally posted by hi_d_ho_man
is this going to be done via Email? i got dsl so it wont be a problem for me.

we can post our piece of the puzzle online to be downloaded by the other team members; for example, i'll post my drumtrack to be downloaded by whoever will do the melody, they will upload their melody seperate, and their melody with the drumtrack combined, whoever else can add to the melody if they feel it needs more and upload added melody seperate and then added melody combined. see the pattern.

once everyone has the different elements of production onto their hard drives they can take it offline to make room for the second phase. we can then work on a hook. we can each post a hook if preffered.

we can vote on which hook we like the most, and then whoever has the first verse can up load thier verse plus the beat and a second track with thier verse acapella to be downloaded by the other members of the team.

the member with the second verse will upload his verse plus the beat and first verse combined, and a second track with second verse acapella for the other team members. the third member can follow suit(same pattern).

i think this is a good way to get practice. when the whole song is on each team members hard drive they can each mix it down and delete the other elements off of their internet account to make room for the final mix.

we can then compliment and criticue each other on the performance, production, recording, and mixing.

Back