Black Scope Entertainment.

The whole synth sound is not my thing.
Neither is the whole playing-gangsta thing.
Seriously man, sampling voices from gangster flicks? How played out is that?
Like the flows better than the content, but I'm still a content man...

On the objective side:
Your bass is too loud, sounds like you want more power right there huh?
If your bass is too loud, it eats energy from your mix, try compressing it. same goes for the rest of the drum, they'll cut through better if you compress em. (seperatly gives you more clean tweaking, compressing them as one sound source will give you a nice pump, try messing around with the compressor settings)

Also, compress your vocals a bit. Put a little reverb on 'em, then pull them back.
Your main sample could be louder in some mixes.

Hope I said something usefull to you...keep workin

Can't say too much more than Mo-Kay didnt say. bass is way to pumped up and on put the guns up that synth sound on the chorus is painful to listen to.

yeah what they said..just make the bass a little clearier..plus it sounds a little off to me..then again im listenin on computer speaker...keep up the good work..peace

bknot1 said:
yeah what they said..just make the bass a little clearier..plus it sounds a little off to me..then again im listenin on computer speaker...keep up the good work..peace
true. i have bad speakers, thas one of my problems...sometimes it sounds good on my comp, but then shitty or not as good on regualr systems..do u guys recommend i mix wit my headphones(AKG HP40) or stick to the speakers?

Either one won't help you. Save up and invest in some Monitors. Let people know what type of budget you're working with and I'm sure you can get pointed in the right direction. It's one thing to have a cut noone is particularly feeling, that boils down to opinion. But it's worst to have a nice cut that is damaged due to poor mixing, now that can be helped!

Good Luck Money!

i forgot to ask...wut u mean..pull them back? and also....should i put a slight reverb on the main vocals and the doubles as well?...or the doubles only and not the main vocals..

Mo-Kay said:
pull them back.

Hope I said something usefull to you
very useful,thanks

try reverbing both of them...of maybe on the backup vocals use a delay....
experiment with the amounts...
use a bit of reverb, and then turn the vocals down a little...this helps your vocals sit better in the mix

By the way bad news, you take criticism very well. It really makes a difference when you are able to listen to what people say and then aply it to your music. You will get far in life period with an attitude like that.

Back