The Worlds Largest Mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically an artist will pay $5 to claim a spot on the mixtape which will be promoted on the net. Everyone will be able to downlaod it once I reach 100 songs. Artists can claim more than one spot if they want. So far I have several entrys and the site views are moving very fast. The page has all the in depth info.

so you make $500 for the 100 songs..what will the Artist get from this..other then being on another mixtape among millions...

see this is the problem I have with mixtapes..everyone want to get a buck from the artsit (you guys) but know one wants to pay the artist or do the mixtape for free to promote the artist....its really boils down to making a quick buck from starving artist tryin to be heard..

if you really want to promote artist you will do it for free...I havent been to your page yet..to see whats goin on...but i know this..whay will happend to the artist money after your reach 100 songs..will you refund it or keep it as a submission fee..now your making even more money and the artist is out of his hard earn money....

this is my outlook on mixtapes...but i like your drive to try and promote unsigned/unheard of artist..

the 5$ is for the online team and to pay for the hosting space becuase it might get out of hand with 100 3-4mb song files.

bknot1 said:
so you make $500 for the 100 songs..what will the Artist get from this..other then being on another mixtape among millions...

see this is the problem I have with mixtapes..everyone want to get a buck from the artsit (you guys) but know one wants to pay the artist or do the mixtape for free to promote the artist....its really boils down to making a quick buck from starving artist tryin to be heard..

if you really want to promote artist you will do it for free...I havent been to your page yet..to see whats goin on...but i know this..whay will happend to the artist money after your reach 100 songs..will you refund it or keep it as a submission fee..now your making even more money and the artist is out of his hard earn money....

this is my outlook on mixtapes...but i like your drive to try and promote unsigned/unheard of artist..

For real BK.

The artist is part of the essence of music. All my artists have my back, I treat them 100. Making mixtapes and asking for submission fee's isn't the way to go if you want to make $$. Get them on your mix tape for free, you pay for manufacturing, and cut the artists in on the $$, without any cost to the artist. Everyone wins, just as long as it's fair. Extortion will not make you rich. ;)

but
also BK, lol
now your making even more money and the artist is out of his hard earn money....
your right, but in this particular case the artists' hard earn money would be $5 lmao.

lol..yeah its only 5$.. i know..just know and knew some really starving artist..saved their money after bill just to get in the studio to make music..then hustling to get the money to manufactor 100-300 CD..to try a make some money back..

but its all good.. at least he isnt asking for $100-$500 for artist to get on..lol

Yeah, I wish I had enough cash to bring the level of "starving" to a good minimum wage lol. Can't change the world alone though. It becomes a hassle for the artist at 100-300 cd's to be able to get a nice profit from it, noting short runs are usually more expensive. I do respect those hard working artists too though, a lot.

bknot1 said:

Man, that's not as bad as this email I got where they wanted to use our instrumentals but we had to pay them $300! I would have to give them beats and pay them. :eek:

2001n4ever said:
the first people to add songs to the mixtape had features by Mistah FAB & Yukmouth.

So you from the Bay?

Anyway, this is only an online mixtape? No album press and sales?

BeatsBuY said:
So you from the Bay?

Anyway, this is only an online mixtape? No album press and sales?

No, not from the bay.

Yeah its online online. Pressing and putting it in stores would be a waste of time....you seen mixtape sales lately??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back