What ya'll think about Bar Tab?

i think its dopeness but honestly the beat is better than than he is so if he kept the same lyrics and flow but put moe emphasis on certain parts of his rapping and put more charisma and presence that shit would be a banga..theres ALOT of rappers that sound like that..dope lyrics, dope flow, but no dope rapping all together though like if they scared of the mic or something

Thanks for props on the beat. Yeah, he's real young (20) and too soft spoken to get his words across sometimes. I told him that he needs to project himself a little more, but he just says that it's his style of rap, lol...

dont shit on the laid back style though - the laid back style dotn catch on asa quick but dudez that spit like that can catch a good following!!!! i like the beat and i like the lyrical content n delivery - sure there could be "more" emotions brought to the delivery - but only if his emotions match the lyrics - dont get emotinoal for the sake of emotions . . . i would be like - let dude spit again AFTER he has had time to vibe to it n maybe even perform at a open mic a couple of times - then it becomes a real "part" of his . . . [dare i say . . . ] "soul" - n not just part of his "mind" or "memory" . . .

i really like the beat though - it seems "polished" and well structured . . . as opposed to just a freestyled composition . . . [i do a lot of freestyled approaches - just droppin and addin melodies to see what they sound like] this sounds . .. planned out . . . which makes me want to . . . slow down . . . plan out my song more carefully . .

Gully got tears com'in out my eyes....lol. Naw, he's a good artist with something to say, but his delivery sometimes doesn't match the message that he tries to convey on the track. Still hot sometimes though. He just needs a little work, that's all....

Naw, you put philosophy in it with "part of his soul", just being a smart ass.
He just did a track called "One Thing" that he's a little more aggressive in. The MAJOR problem is that he is partnered up with another artist from NYC (South Bronx) that has all the energy. I can understand how it's nice to have both sides of the spectrum in a duo, but he doesn't feed off of the energy that his partner is putting out.

word!! remind me of NICE N SMOOTH . . . i liked both of them cats but never felt like the "blended" together . .. greg nice was hard and energetic and smooth b was . . . weeded out to the max!!! . . . sheit - u need to seperate them cats!!! (althoguh nice n smooth did have a couple of "ground breaking" or "memorable" azz hitz . . . so whats my .02 worth?

Back