What subjects do you want to hear about in music.

REEK BROCK

MR. LAST WORD
I'm doing a survey to see what real people want to hear about in music. I notice that some people don't listen to lyrics just the beat but hit me up and let me know whats the deal.

Cop that new Will Smith?!?

Not a "feel good" music person. Grew up listening to nothing but Ghetto Boys, Wu Tang, etc. Lot's of R&B too, but, took my production route the other way. Love club bangas about drink'in, fuck'in, and hav'in a good time. Still do the R&B thing, (Tank's "Sex, Love, and Pain" is CD of the Year) but no Will Smith or LL Cool J for me. Funny though, how the line's between rap and R&B production can be really thin, but I suck at the latter.

Word i like listening to gangsta hsit but funny in da same way, liek eazy e's dope man, or dr dre's forgot about dre. Other examples would be like hits form teh bong from cypress hill, kinda funny shit, know what i mean, I really hate stuff about tryna find teh eprfect girl or some gay shit like dat, and like strugles of black life, dont really care about that.

My favorite lyrical style will always be 2pac's...so although songs like Changes and Ghetto Gospel are my favorites, I still like that "gangsta" style.

imma definately go with any rap that talks about poverty in a real sense not in way where you think its cool to be poor but, instead, relate to that feeling of not having enough money to feel as good about yourself as you should so you kinda learn to look deep inside yourself for your talents and your good qualities so that one day you can liive a decent non-stressful life..my family and i are not poor just not quite middle-class, actually considering im on a laptop right now lets just go ahead and say middle-class :D so basically, thats how ii got into rap in the first place, im not black, so i cant relate to every single subject in rap music, but i am a minority (hispanic) who has lived in Miami for 14 years now and just recently became a resident and that alone is a struggle worth mentioning, and helps me read the music in a stronger state of mind..so thanks to the talented who helped me see past all the ugliness the worlds got to offer ;)
sorry for the story of my life..oh yeah i also dropped out of high school, got no job at the time being, and go to college :D
now im just being dumb..PEACE

I think everything has its place. From back in the day like Kurtis Blow, Slick Rick, and the Fat Boys (yeah I went there) to now. The problem was when gangsta music first came out, white society couldn't handle it. Now you got the complete opposite. Industry don't want folks talkin' all that on the radio.

As far as what I want to hear in music. Shit, tell me something about yourself or how you are, be creative. Sometimes it's aiight to just entertain my ass, but your song will get old quick and if that's all you're putting out, you'll get old too. Oh yeah and I'm tired of nigga this and nigga that. When I hear folks use that shit on almost every bar it makes me think less of their ability. A little bit here and there and I can relate to it....too much and I think you just couldn't think of a better way to flip your verse.

But with me, it's about how everything flows together, not just how sick the beat sounds, but how well you flip your lyrics in it. If I listen to your shit and I'm like "Damn, he said that shit in that way", it makes me want to step my game up to get on that level. I was so impressed with some of the faster spitting rappers back in the day that it made me want to try to learn how to flip shit that way. I rarely do it, but knowing that I can is satisfying enough since it took me years to do it (especially without dropping a cuss word every line).

And yeah, I do curse a lot when I talk, but when I write I try to do it as little as possible (edit)

Just my $1.02 cents (stocks went up yesterday)
Fiev.

--the Feeling Of Despair
--overcoming Struggles
--hardcore Gangsta ( 2 Me - Thats Still Just Braggin And Battle Rappin)
--i Aint Gon Ever Turn Down A Hot Party,strippa Music Song (lol)

damn...i have always listen to Southern acts before they got their deals and messed up style of music...but im still basis to the indie artist that are trying to make a name for themselves...and all of Trick Daddy music, all of 2Pac's Music and Biggie's Life After Death and its will always be the southern artist with me...because i like to party and be posted up on the wall..:D

but now aday its really hard to say what i want to hear, since im more into getting placement then listen to what's on the radio...but i keep my ear the the streets..

be on the lookout for "GullyJewelz" album coming soon... I said "GullyJewelz" album coming soon... :D

For me, i could be anything from bagging up grams to politics. As long is it's witty, thought provoking, or just a story told well. I don't like shit too up beat, i don't like drugs, money and ho type shit either. It's got to be cohierant, and sound true to character. I really can't get into any overglorfied depictions of "the struggle" either.

Back