What is a good Roland machine for makin hip-hop beats?

Roland got a new beat box coming out soon (if it's not out already).

4.jpg

http://www.mc-909.com/

I read over it a while back seems like it might be kinda dope. Probably just a souped up RS7000. Shit doesn't seem to load Akai or even Roland sample disks so I guessing it's no MPC4000 konck off.

why do you want a roland machine so bad when theres other stuff that will blow roland out the water? I don't have links to anything though.

Up until 2 weeks ago when my JX-305 memory got damaged, I woulda said that.... it has a lotta good sounds, and some effects (altho i havent even messed with its effects in the 4 years I've had it).... but you cant sample, and the drums are very keyboardish.

BigLex said:
Up until 2 weeks ago when my JX-305 memory got damaged, I woulda said that.... it has a lotta good sounds, and some effects (altho i havent even messed with its effects in the 4 years I've had it).... but you cant sample, and the drums are very keyboardish.

so you don't think that Roland would be a good machine for makin hiphop/ R&B beats?

..:.:MeCCaH:.:. said:
Beginners: Boss DR-5

Intermediate: Roland MC-303

Advance: Roland MC-505

^^I could care less if it's for beginners or not...I just want to know which one is best for makin hip-hop beats?

sexygurl...

SexyGurl said:

I think its good for making hip hop and R&b beats, I'm just mad at Roland right now cause of what happened to my keyboard... you cannot sample with it tho, so if sampling sounds is important to you this aint the right piece.... the MC-909 is coming out soon I believe, its a sound module/sampler/sequencer, so you can use the sounds in there as well as sample any sound you want into it- supposed to be pretty inexpensively priced compared to other boxes for what it comes with... but it doesnt come with a keyboard and the pads look real cheap so you'll need an external keyboard if you're into playing keys, or some better pads like the Akai piece to bang out drums.

so you don't think that Roland would be a good machine for makin hiphop/ R&B beats?

i've got the roland xv-3080 with the orchestra card. i've been contemplating getting the drum card for the unit as well.

i use the xv-3080 and the ensoniq asr-x for hip-hop. if i have bought the roland xv-5080 instead, i probably would have sold the asr-x.

the xv-5080 has all the great roland sounds with a sampler to boot.

the problem with getting a drum machine that is built for hip-hop is that hip-hop changes its signature so quickly. better to get a quality sound module/sampler that has good FX so you can tweak it to get the latest sound.

roland us xv5080

my web page has audio i built with the xv-3080 and asr-x:
my studio

Back