What do you use to make your beats?

SacredDespair

I've been looking in to a drum machine or some software and don't know quite what to get because there are way too many options. What do you guys use or suggest at a pretty low pricerange? Thanks

well, I don't have a set price I'm willing to spend, but relatively cheap would be nice, not a whole lot to spend at the moment. I need something that will sample and do beats for whole songs, whether it be software or hardware, whichever you think would work better for what I want

SY77 & a ES8 for keyboards & just starting to crack into Reason 3 with a M-Audio Keystation49, getting the korg kontrol49 sometime soon too.

Majority is done on the keyboards.

IDK I personally like the korg kontrol49... it caught my eye for MIDI stuff... has the pad's & keyboard together, along with a "mixer", and a whole bunch of other shit.

oh damn you guys have some madd ill equipment, me im a poor guy. I use auadascity and fl studio 6. I dont even have a midi, i chop sample on audascity, sedn it to fl studio add rums bass, more instruments, mix all on fl studio using my mouse and then send back to audascity to master.

ammarg89 said:
oh damn you guys have some madd ill equipment, me im a poor guy. I use auadascity and fl studio 6. I dont even have a midi, i chop sample on audascity, sedn it to fl studio add rums bass, more instruments, mix all on fl studio using my mouse and then send back to audascity to master.

Damn, you a Soldier for the ancient times! LOL

Man, go get yourself some midi, even if it is a cheap keyboard! It is a norm for "Most" all keyboards to have midi now.......Shoot, you can probably cop one for under $40 bucks nowadays, STOP PLAYIN!!!!

Just grab an Ensoniq asr10 if you can grab one off of ebay or used for under $400 most major hip-hop producers used one of these before the Triton really blew up. Need to go cheaper? Then grab a $60-80.00 keyboard with MIDI (casio, yamaha etc... look for a Yamaha DJX or something like that) and get fruity loops.

i got an asr10 and that shit aint 400... lol. maybe without the scsi. (or are you talkin the asrx)

anyway... i just use mainly FL 6, Audition, (and maaaaaaaad records) to sample drums, etc...

my asr-10 collects dust.

There's other keyboards that are just as powerful if not more powerful than the triton. Roland & Yamaha makes some great keyboards too

definitesupreme said:
i got an asr10 and that shit aint 400... lol. maybe without the scsi. (or are you talkin the asrx)

anyway... i just use mainly FL 6, Audition, (and maaaaaaaad records) to sample drums, etc...

my asr-10 collects dust.

Yeah they go used for around $500 but I've seen a few on Ebay go for like $350 a few local places here had them for around $400. I almost picked one up myself, if I see another under $400 Imma grab it just for those gritty sounds.

Skip the Triton if you can, it's played out in Hip Hop IMO. Like Mind said there's others just as powerful.

i was reading about neko but i don't have that kinda cash so if anyone has hands on experience with it let me know if it's worth my time to save up for it

I have hands on experience with it, there's 2 Nekos' at the studio, one is the full sized dual core athlon version, and the other is a smaller one. Both are just as powerful. The small one is shipped back to open labs, since my teacher is one of the major designers for the neko. They putting 24 in 24 our with lightpipe enabled, so it'll be a souped up version of the Neko, along with a terabyte of HD & 4gb of ram. It's a very powerful machine... get it

if ya'll ever plan on sellin one of them neko's let me know and then hook me up wit a payment plan or sign me to your label and just give me that and a mpc for a years worth of pay

Back